• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

English Lops

Rogue

Banned
A friend has asked me to help her track down a breeder of English Lops in the North East area :? as she has no idea where to start looking. I'm not sure why she thought I'd know! :roll: She has had rabbits before, but loves the idea of having an English Lop (I think her last rabbit was a Dutch cross). I'm having no joy whatsoever, so I wondered if any of you guys knew of any breeders? She's willing to travel out to Tyne & Wear if need be, but preferably a bit closer. I have no idea about English Lops... what sort of price is reasonable? I tried to convince her that miniature lops are the way to go, but she adores the huge ears! :lol:

What about the lovely french lop crosses available on here. So many rabbits needing homes, please try and persuade your friend to rehome.

I must have missed the French Lop crosses... I did suggest that a French lop would be a nice pet as well... in fact, ANY rabbit would be a lovely pet! :D Are they in the Rabbits in Need section? Personally, I'd rather give a needy bunny a good home than go through a breeder... I will have another look and print her off some possibilities.
Thank you!

I love those French lop cross sisters. Blue has a lot of french lop in her as she looks just like my Maisie. Shame they had to be separated because they were fighting. My girls were fine after they were spayed at 1 year and are so much in love with each other. The Holland Lop is lovely too, big one.

Pirate can even go as a single rabbit

They're all a bit far away, but thankyou for looking... I think I will suggest that she phone our local RSPCA shelter and see if they have anything suitable. :D

Your friend will probably have to travel to a breeder of English Lops so it would be worth her visiting a rescue outside the area. I know the Nottingham rescue has well over 50 rabbits to select from. If she found a rabbit she liked and then went home to get ready for it, I am sure a bunny run could be organised on here to get the rabbit to her in the future.

What is the difference between an English, French and German lop? I have seen some English lops on Freeads, and they all looked quite hideous with their long ears. Don't they step on their ears when they try to hop? :? What's wrong with a giant bunny, but with upright ears instead? I am sure there must be some in the rescues.

Bavarian Bunny said:
What is the difference between an English, French and German lop? I have seen some English lops on Freeads, and they all looked quite hideous with their long ears. Don't they step on their ears when they try to hop? :? What's wrong with a giant bunny, but with upright ears instead? I am sure there must be some in the rescues.

:eek: insulted!from an english lop lover! They are great bunnies make fantastic house rabbits. There ears dont cause a problem..only if they cut them then they bleed for ages :)

Sorry Bilbo! :lol: It's just when they are babies that their ears seem so oversized. I know they catch up with the rest of the body quite fast. :D

bilbo said:
Bavarian Bunny said:

:eek: insulted!from an english lop lover! They are great bunnies make fantastic house rabbits. There ears dont cause a problem..only if they cut them then they bleed for ages :)

They look lovely, but they obviously do have problems due to having such delibertately (sp?) bred long ears! their ears wouldnt bleed if they didnt drag on the floor.

I can see why they are more suited to life as a house rabbit.

really far from you, but i think he is the only english lop listed.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=6265
I've quite fallen in love with this fella myself! :lol: But he's definately far too far away - there's no way I could even get there to see what he's like (I still haven't passed my drivers test) let alone to collect him. :cry: He'd make a beautiful boyfriend for Bramble, assuming she ever comes home... I found loads of gorgeous bunnies on the RR website, but they're all so far away :( . My friend is planning to try the RSPCA to see if they have anything - I think she doesn't really mind what sort of rabbit she has in all honestly, but she thinks English Lops are gorgeous! :D

Rogue said:
really far from you, but i think he is the only english lop listed.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=6265
I've quite fallen in love with this fella myself! :lol: But he's definately far too far away - there's no way I could even get there to see what he's like (I still haven't passed my drivers test) let alone to collect him. :cry: He'd make a beautiful boyfriend for Bramble, assuming she ever comes home... I found loads of gorgeous bunnies on the RR website, but they're all so far away :( . My friend is planning to try the RSPCA to see if they have anything - I think she doesn't really mind what sort of rabbit she has in all honestly, but she thinks English Lops are gorgeous! :D

He is stunning isnt he. Worth travelling to if i had room for another male. i do love lops and the english are adorable, but then so are the german, and the big frenchies, and, well all bunnies are adorable really.

Back