• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing Rabbit

Shellar

Warren Scout
I am really concerned with Disney. She is sneezing rather a lot. Is there something wrong with her or is the normal???

Many thanks

Kovu use to sneeze I took him to the vets and he was fine, now he's out side he doesn't. Maybe a trip to the vets so they can rule out pasturella :D

Maybe just some dust up the nose. Wood shavings and some hay can make a bunny sneeze. Is there any discharge coming out the nose? If it doesn't stop, see the vet.

Its been going on for a while, sometimes worse than others.

I went out this morning to let them out and Disney sneezed 6 times in a row.

I think I will take here to the vet this afternoon to be on the safe side.

Thanks

If the sneezing is once in a blue moon, then that's okay. You also have to make sure it is NOT the air in the house (ventilation duct) that hasn't been clean, as they could easily caused it.

The duct are usually clean once every 3 yr., when I got my one done 1.5 yr. ago, I can easily smell the difference, as to how fresh the air is around the house.

Miles went through a sneezy phase last summer (before the heatwave), he went to the vets and there was nothing wrong. He would have sneezing fits several times a week, sometimes 5 or 6 sneezes at a time. The vet concluded that his hay was too dusty, or that we didn't sweep up Miffy's moulted fur enough (she moults like mad!!) and that it could be irritating Miles' nose. We changed the hay, and we swept up the fur every day (we previously did it once every three or four days). Miles has barely sneezed since.

Maybe there's something similar in your home environment that could be irritating Disney? I'm not saying your house is dirty! :lol: Our house is clean but there were still just a couple of things that could have caused it. Good idea taking Disney to the vets though, to make sure it's not pasteurella. Good luck! :thumb:

AMETHYST

Back