• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help putting cream on feet please

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I have to put fuciderm cream on the soles of Audreys front feet twice a day, but im afraid ive been a very bad bunn mum and not being doing it as often as i should because she objects so much....

She gets into a real panic about it, heavy breathing, grunting and lunging at me. She bit me badly this morning :(

Ive tried pining her down and doing it, putting a towel over her, putting her in a carrier and carrying to a table (this is hard and stressful enough as she wont fo in the carrier!), all of which are a disaster. BF cant help.

She's always had a major objection to being picked up, so thats out of the question. And its harder still because she is a big bunn and quite strong.

Any tips please?

When I had to put cream under Maisie's chin and she reacted like Audrey, I got a carrot and hand fed her this on the floor and whilst she was chomping away I could put the cream on. It is difficult when they are big bunnies and hopefully you have someone who can help you.

thanks guys.

TBH my boyfriend, although he likes Audrey he is not much of an animal person so i didnt really want to bother him with it, but he did say he'd help me tonight (only other person in the house.)

this morning i waited until she stepped out of her dog crate onto a blanket and wrapped it round her. She did have a mjor panic and was really struggling, but i just poked her feet out the sides and smeared it on quickly.

Oh well, even tho shes lovely she is a stroppy madam!

:lol: :lol: can you try trancing her out? I do that to Marley when I need to groom his feet?

SOAD said:
:lol: :lol: can you try trancing her out? I do that to Marley when I need to groom his feet?

good idea, but she wont let me pick her up, and shes too big to argue with :lol:

it is definately easier with two of you. I had to put cream on Charlie's front paw and back paw 3 times a day, night was easy as David was here during the day was a nightmare. I use to pick him up that quick and put him in my arms like a baby he wondered what had hit him, I have even waited until he was completely chilled and out for the count and done it that way. He is a big bun as he is a British Giant, It got to the point that I have even been in his hutch with him :lol: :lol:

Back