• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so proud of my little boy!

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
this morning i suddenly went into mad panic teegra hadn't had his VHD vaccination (he was always going to be indoors so he didnt need it) but if he does go and meet the outdoor bunnies at sgprescue i wanted him to have it done so i rang the vets and they booked us in for the this afternoon. when we got there tiggi sat in his cage having a look at everything when we went in i let him out and he went to have cuddles with the vet she then gave him a full check over and he acted as though he was just having super cuddles she then gave him his injection and he didnt even flinch he then had all his claws trimmed and just sat as though he was having a pedicure :lol:
all in all he was a very good little boy so i think he has deserved all his treats today
:D:D:D:D:D
abi and teegra

You should have VHD and myxi done even in indoor bunnies. VHD especially is very easily spread.

Glad your boy was good at the vets though. :)

Rallybunny said:
You should have VHD and myxi done even in indoor bunnies. VHD especially is very easily spread.

Are VHD and myxi spread by wild bunny contact only or by air? I assumed it was by wild buns so indoor rabbits wouldn't need them if they never went out? I'm curious because no one else I know in my area has heard of vaccinating their rabbits and I'm trying to persuade them it's a good idea.

Well done Teegra! Pippa's a little devil at the vets, almost needs restraining! Good luck with the dating :D

Rallybunny said:

ok will remember in future thanks i did have a talk with the vets about it when he was a baby and my vets dont like to vaccinate against anything if they dont consider your bun at risk as he was indoors they said he wasnt really at risk from VHD but now he is done i will keep him 'topped up' thanks for telling me

Snowflakes mummy said:
Yey well done teegra! Make sure mummy spoils you rotten!

he had loys of hay expert goodies and today he has been given a new digging box with half a bag of new sand in it :D

abi and teegra

Awwww glad he was a good boy! I agree with what has already been said - VHD is extremely virulent and you can carry it into the house on your clothes, hair, shoes etc so a house bun is still at risk!!

The same is true of myxi, it can be spread by gnats and mosquitos (as well as fleas) and I'm sure you've been bitten by gnats in your house before, so a house bun isn't safe from that either :cry:

Hope he finds a suitable partner at Cheryls!

Back