• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fundraising

elaine

Mama Doe
As I know alot of rescues get regular donations from companies etc I am wondering how you go about this as I seem unable to succeed in getting anything but leaflets..

Do you find certain companies are easier to get items from than others??

Any ideas much appreciated or even names

Elaine

Have you tried Supermarkets? I get loads of free veg from my Local Sainsbury's at Jacksons :lol: (all as it reaches sell-by date, but with 22 it lasts about 2.3 minutes anyway :roll: :lol: )

my sponsorship is now up and running the details are all on my site and so far are having a few people taking the idea up,

Elaine

elaine said:
As I know alot of rescues get regular donations from companies etc I am wondering how you go about this as I seem unable to succeed in getting anything but leaflets..

Do you find certain companies are easier to get items from than others??

Any ideas much appreciated or even names

Elaine

I would guess that rescues which reguarly recieve donations are in the minority. I had some lovely hay from some of the hay suppliers earlier this year which we used for our open day. We also had some lovely samples a shampoo from Gorgeous guineas last year. Apart from that ARC have only had leaflets about different products.

hi

I know that feeling well i tend to get a supply of leaflets no problem but other than that not much else this is why I finally decided on the sponsorship idea

I asked for a large teddy bear that was on sale once at Asda for an RSPCA xmas fair 'guess the teddy bears name'.

I had to write in on RSPCA headed paper (I'm a volunteer) to the Manager. In the letter I just put a bit about the shelter and funding situation etc and said that I would put up a sign saying the bear was given by Asda, Chapeltown branch.

someone wrote back saying I could collect the bear :D

Rabswood

Back