• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freecycle - "sick rabbit offered"

cherylwares

Mama Doe
Firstly - sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have just seen this on Freecycle. Does anybody know what this condition might be and could anybody help at all with rehoming?

"My neighbour has a rabbit called "Cinnamon" (because of its colour). It is six months old. It got an infection in its teeth which passed to its
nose and eyes. Its nasal tubes are inflamed and liquid has come out of
its eyes and removed some fur on its face. It has had antibiotics but
might need to have some teeth out as well. My neighbour has a dog which has been ill recently and she can't afford any more vet's bills.
Bearing in mind that this would involve vet's bills, would some animal
lover like to give it a home? If you would, please reply to me and give
me your name and phone number and I'll get her to contact you.

Edit didn't read it properly :oops: just noticed it said orginal infection from the teeth, could it be what Karly is saying

It could be a tooth root abcess or possibly snuffles causing other probs, most likly is an abcess

I could pick up sunday evening on the wa back from my boyfriends dads.If the bunny still needs help

if its really that bad, wouldn't it be best for it to be PTS? :(
It sounds like its suffering, but i guess we won't know until it is rescued :?

Don't give up hope and PTs bunny. It sounds just like what my Mabel had a gew months ago. She had to have her tear ducts flushed and that cured the problem. Please someone take her on. My vet bills were £500 2 months ago and my horse has cost me £100 this month otherwise I would take it on. Please someone it will probably cost £50 max.

if it can be got here i will get it sorted i have a spare hutch but it would have to be rehomed if the infection could be cleared up xx

i live about 20 mins from canterbury and could put a temp hutch in kitchen for a few days or trnsport it somewhere tom???????????????????

Keep in mind this is the sort of problem that could could run into the hundreds of pounds to treat. So make sure it has somewhere to go willing to foot a potential bill that size before picking it up.

Also keep in mind if it has snuffles than it contagious to your own bunnies so would need to be kept totally seperate.

Otherwise you could pass on contact details for the local rspca/rescue.

Just had a phonecall from the person.From what the lady described it sounds liek the bun has abcesses :(
Also apparently because the runny eye cr** and runny nose stuff is so 'acidic' ( :shock: ) the bun has no fur around its eyes/nose :shock:
Iv prepared myself for a shock when i see it tomorrow :shock:

Back