• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Find My Bunny Campaign Not Going Well

Rogue

Banned
I feel like I'm not making any headway in finding my bunny at all :cry:. So far I have:
Phoned Police
Phoned all local vets
Phoned all local pet shops
Phoned Missing Pets Bureau
Scanned papers every day for "Bunnies for Sale"
Phoned local newspapers with an appeal
Phoned radio stations with an appeal (they said no :? )
Put a "Stolen" note on work's intranet message board
Printed up 60 colour posters

And it's the posters I seem to be having problems with... So far there are posters around the yard I keep my horse at, in the windows of pet shops and vets, and in a couple of friend's shops. I can't find anywhere else suitable to put them :( . Most shops have said they can't or won't display them (the library weren't sure, so I left a couple just in case), or charge a fee. The problem is that if I start paying all these display fees, they're going to add up to a fairly hefty amount, I don't have any spare cash, and there's still no guarantee she will turn up. A friend said I should just go out with a roll of sellotape and stick notices all over the place, lamp posts, trees, etc, but I'm concerned that I could be fined for littering :?: . The posters have my telephone number on, so it would be fairly easy for the Community Wardens to track me down, and it's a £50 fine... I don't know if that would be £50 for every poster, or just for the lot. Even so, I don't have £50 knocking around in the event that it might happen.

What should I do? My other option is to go around every house in our town and the two local villages and put a flyer through every door and on every car. You could almost guarantee that the one I missed would be the one she is at! :cry: Am I missing anything? Is there anything obvious I can try to get her back?? I thought about phoning the BRC since she has a BRC ring on, and I started thinking that if I found a lost rabbit (as she may well have just been "released"), I would find out what the BRC was and tried contacting them. I have reunited a few racing pigeons with their owners from their ring details. Is it worth contacting them?

Any help appreciated!

I phoned the BRC anyway, and they were lovely. I explained that I'm not a member but my bunny is wearing a BRC ring and they took the details and said if anyone calls they will be in touch.

I'd definately try your local RSPCA's, and any other rescues, as lost rabbits often end up with them.

Good luck

Jx

I called our nearest RSPCA rescue, and they also gave me the numbers for their Lost and Found helpline and for a Bunny rescue not too far away. I've left my details with both in case Bram should show up. I miss her so much :cry: My gran had just bought her a new harness and some toys the morning we found out she was gone :cry: .

Awww hun I really hope you hard work pays off your lil bun will be very proud of you work you so deserve to find her :cry:

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.
I have widened my search radius and phoned every pet shop within about 40 miles! I just feel totally stumped. Everyone seems to think that she has been taken home as a pet, which means I need to be getting the message out to Joe Public that she was stolen and hope that a parent whose child, or someone whose friend has brought home a "lost" or "abandoned" rabbit sees it and calls me. Of course, they may be the sort of person who doesn't really care :cry: . The Police seemed to think I'd get more luck from kids, and that Little Johnny would probably tell us that his mate Little Mickey has a new pet rabbit, and then the police would check it out, but so far there's no leads whatsoever. I feel like I should phone the Police and make sure they're still doing something, but I suppose a stolen bunny is going to be pretty far down their list of priorities. I can't stand waiting (I am incredibly impatient), and everywhere I go, I keep expecting to see a little black shape hopping around the streets. Even in the office I have to do a double take at the shadows under all the desks incase they turn out to be a black loppy bun. I keep thinking that every person who passes me in the street might be on their way to feed my bunny, or saw her the day before, or was telling a friend about another friend's new pet.... It's completely unbearable!

I don't know where to start :? . I really have no idea where she might be. Close to where she was taken is a footpath that leads through to the next village. I keep imagining that it was either teens or lads in their twenties who were passing late at night on their way back from the pub or something, and on foot. However, if they'd had a car and had gone out with the intention of stealing, they might have been from anywhere. I will be going out putting up posters all around the area (don't they say that a criminal always returns to the scene of the crime?) and will shove a few through doors as well. All it takes is one person to get in touch, and if needs be, I can get the Police to go around and check things out.

How about going into local schools and asking if you could put up posters? My childrens old primary school would put notices in the weekly newsletter for a small donatin(£5 or so), so some might be willing to do that too.
Also you could try village/church halls or simialr where cubs, brownies etc mught meet.

When my sister's pedigree cat went missing they put flyers through every door in the area and it paid off, a lady rang who had seen him and they tracked him down.

I really really hope you find him, I can't imagine how terrible it must be, sending you really big hugs

Hiya, firstly I am so so sorry to hear your bunny has been stolen, that is awful :(
If you click on Rabbit Rehome link above you will see that Tamsin Lists lost bunnies, and if you PM me the details via the forum, I will add the details to Tamsins web site. ( I run the lost and found pages for Tamsin)
PM details of location where bunny was lost from, date, all details you can think about your bunny, description, age etc, and perhaps you could offer a reward for any information as to the whereabouts of your bunny and /or reward for safe return.
Please PM if i can help, as Tamsins web site has over 10000 hits a month I believe :D

Best wishes

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Ebay?
I once read an 'ad' on there about someone's missing cat.

Rabswood

I made it clear tonight that my intention, should Bramble find her way home, is to have her as a house rabbit with a neutered boyfriend for company when we are out. I will just have to make things work with our owl and ensure that the ban on her going into/out of the front room is enforced. However, I'm not sure how to sort things out. Should I get an indoor house for her set up now, in the hope that she will come back to me or am I likely to be building my hopes only to have them dashed? The last thing I want is to be unprepared for her if she is found, but I know seeing a little empty bunny home every day will break my heart :cry: . My friend suggested I get a boyfriend for her to "fill the void" temporarily and then if she never makes her way back to me, he won't really be a "replacement" and I will be able to give him a cuddle and a fuss when I miss her badly, but I will feel like I'm being disloyal and moving on already. She's not even been gone a week yet. What should I do?? :cry:

Back