• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angel's at the dentist's...

LurcherGirl

Mama Doe
I have never had dental problems in my rabbits during the eight years of keeping bunnies. The only case I had was my British Giant that had a genetic problem (uneven jaw) and needed dentals because of that.

However, today, Angel had to go in for a dental as she stopped eating pellets and hay... And indeed the vet saw spurs! I feel a little disappointed as my bunnies all get a good diet with plenty of hay and only very few pellets. I guess, Angel will be a hay and veggie bunny only from now on with virtually no pellets to keep her little gnashers in tip top shape.

9496338212f933e09d7f93517259732c3a7.jpg

Vera

When Angel came home, I gave her a big handful of freshly picked green grass and dandelions. She loved it. She didn't eat hay or pellets though. In the evening, she ate her veg though.

Today however, she is eating tons of hay and I have just noticed that her pellets have gone too. I will continue pellets for perhaps a week or so to build her up again (she has lost some weight), but then she will go on a virtually pellet free diet to keep her teeth ok.

Vera

Back