• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmm what to do!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok guys as you know Tilly has renal Failure, i really don't like the idea of her living outside over winter, as winters can be harsh up here and for a sick bunnies thats no joke! If Oakley were friendlier with female bunnies i would try and bond Tilly and Ron with Oakley, this may also nmake it easier on Ron when Tilly dies, Only i know what Oakley is like with other female buns and she can be a wench! I also wouldn't have a clue were to start with convincing Ali that this needs to be done. Oakley can't go outside nor can her kennel be moved anywhere so that her ron and tilly would be seperate in the house. I have tilly and rons hutch and run covered in plastic when it rains and they have plenty of bedding. I could however swap Ron and tills in to Will and graces hutch, Will and Grace have a huge 6ft hutch with a small run underneath, Grace and Will would be wuite comfortable in Ron and Tillys hutch and run, and vise versa, but this still means Tilly being outside, although Will and Graces hutch is some what protected by the shed, hmmmm oh the dilemma!!!!!!

Hiya Phill :D
We have a similar problem with one of older bunnies this year, she cannot stay outside but on the other hand all the current houserabbits will try and attack her if she comes in :roll:
I have decided (though it is not ideal) to leave her outside in covered, sheltered hutch during the day with a snugglesafe if necessary, and bring her into the back hall into a dog cage or very large pet carrier over night.
This way, she has lots of space during the day, and a snug place for overnight when it is very cold.
I know the problems with moving bunnies from a cold into a warm environment, but I will try and keep the temperatures fairly constant with aid of snugglesafe for outdoors and just room temp indoors.
Bunnies with renal failure feel the cold badly as I am sure you are well aware with all your rabbiting experience.
Anyway, perhaps other people will come up with some ideas for you to consider too.
Love
Adele
XX

Hi Phill

Is Madam Oakley free range all over the house?
Could you get a child gate to close off access to one room and have Ron and Tilly in there. You might have to ply Ali with drink before attempting to talk him in to this though :lol:

I agree that Tilly would need extra warmth over winter as she will struggle to keep weight on with her dodgey kidneys.
The only other thing I can think of is building some sort of insulation into the hutch Ron and Tilly currently have. Then providing Snuggle-safes and Vetbed too

:? :? :? :?

Janex

NicolaB18 said:
make ali sleep outside and ron and tilly can sleep in the bed with you! :) :) :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well that would be one solution wouldnt it Nicola :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
NicolaB18 said:
make ali sleep outside and ron and tilly can sleep in the bed with you! :) :) :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well that would be one solution wouldnt it Nicola :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yup, tilly would be nice and warm that way!

NicolaB18 said:
Adele said:
NicolaB18 said:

Before too long Ali will find himself on Rabbits in Need looking for a new home!!.. :wink: :lol:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
NicolaB18 said:
Adele said:
NicolaB18 said:

Before too long Ali will find himself on Rabbits in Need looking for a new home!!.. :wink: :lol:

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Guys, soem good ideas there, Oakley is free range Jane she can go anywhere she likes but we do have the spre bedroom which is currently a junk room, i cold see if i can perswadw Ali to let Ron and Tilly live in there, as it can be made bunny safe fairly easily and Oakley no longer uses her dog crate, plus the chins are already in there!! Hurrah!! Right ok so now just need to perswade Ali hmm I think you may all me right with the drink and then possibly Ali on Rabs in need!! LMAO

Woo Hoo!!! I just phoned Ali and asked if Ron and Tilly could come and live in the spare room and he said yes!!! Hurrah!! So tonight i have the spare room to clear out of all the junk!! YAY

I think Carys she will end up being worse than Oakley! As ali tends to spoil the house buns rotten

Back