• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growl;ing - upsetting me lots!

johannapage

Warren Scout
Rosie is confusig me,

she comes out of her cage every night to have a cuddle, i always give her a bit of veg to nibble on at the same time, she stays cuddly for a while then starts digging into me and biting my clothes, if I offer her the veg she eats it, leaves most thwn does it again, i tap her bum and say no she stops then carries on again but growls.

what can I do?? its really upsetting me as now im back at home with my parents due to landlord problems, she isnt free range in th house as dad thinks she is viscuous!

Has she been spayed? Growling is often a territorial hormonal thing.

When she digs at your clothes it means she has had enough cuddling and wants to get down. If she is used to more freedom she is bound to be restless.

Alice does the digging thing with me when we have a cuddle after I've brushed her. It's their way of saying "that's enough"... Oh, and she can be just generally grumpy if she's been brushed!!!

Gemma

she hasnt been spayed yet no, I was thinking about getting it done but im not sure when is the ideal age etc as ive been told so many different things by people.

its really upsetting me, she is my first bun and im worried its something im doing.,

I think Alice was neutered at about 6 or 7 months. I'd got to the point where I was scared of her - I couldn't put my hand in her hutch to feed her or change her litter tray, she circled and growled round my legs and was generally a demon bunny. :evil:

As soon as she was neutered she was a different bunny! :D

Pippa digs at my leg when I don't give her enough attention!

I'd say spay her, Pippa's a different, much much nicer bunny now. No growling, territorial stuff or stamping and she seems to like me now!

She is just telling you that she wants to be put down. Just put her on the floor and sit on it yourself. Let her come to you on her terms. Not all rabbits are cuddle buns and like to be held for long periods. I wouldnt pat her on her bottom, I would just take it as a sign that she wants to stop and put her down.

Honey's not really a 'sit on your lap and get cuddles' kind of bunny, HArly is - but only for a while, he'll sit 4 a bit and let me stroke him but or let me hold him, but when he gets fed up he'll nip my clothes and pull them, or scrabble at them with his front paws as if digging! Ive jst learned tht this is his sign tht he's had enough, he doesn't mean 2 hurt me, tht's why biting clothes not me, but wnts me 2 knw wnts down. (oh ps I learned this the hard way, hadn';t had them long & he kept doing it 1 night, 2 or 3 times in 5mins, gave him a tickin off & told him no, then he promptly peed on my arm :oops: , poor wee man was tryin 2 tell me he wanted down 2 litter tray & I was givin him a tickin off!)

I had Phoebe spayed at 6 months as thats what my vet recommended. She sounds like shes becoming hormonal so don't take it personally! She should calm down after she's been spayed.

I had Daisy done at 5 months as she had a phantom pregnancy and I couldn't get anywhere near her... sounds like Rosie is ready to be spayed now

Bambi does all of this and she is speyed :shock:

She growls and digs and lunges to bite me if she is in the mood for it :roll:

I doubt she will change to be honest (Bambi that is!) But good luck with Rosie :)

Back