• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Meds together

nicole

Mama Doe
can you give infacol in addition to metaclopramide, zantac and metacam?
This is from my friend with the sick bunny

Hi there,

Infacol is inert so does not react with any drugs. I have used Infacol with Metacam and Metaclopromide so I don't think it would be a problem...I presume Zantac is given to protect buns tummy against the Metacam.

Gemma

Yes it is, she just txt me and asked me to ask yous. I said yes but thought I'd check anyway.

Jess has done some poos but no appetite and pushing belly into the ground.

Sounds like she's getting discomfort from her tummy. Tell your friend to give the bun lots of gentle tummy massages.
If the bun will allow it, you can slightly lift up their back end when you massage and I think this helps them pass the gas towards her bum!

Sending get well vibes...

Gemma

yeah I should think there all ok to be given together cos all have different actions on the body. Zantac is Ranitidine.
I did a quick check on Google and there are no interactions betweeen any of the drugs, that I could find.

Hope the bun is ok!!

Nicola

Fiona is going to phone me when she gets back from Tescos. This is her second rabbit that has been ill.
First Nell it was her molars, but the vet had a look at Jess's molars yesterday and they were fine. Dont know whats up with her.

Back