• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfred now single again...

Apache

Mama Doe
For some strange reason, Alfred turned on Matilda on Thursdy last week, it was unfortunately a fur flying everywhere rolling over sort of fight, so I seperated them.

I rang KayJ for advice, and she suggested trying them again (this was a few hours later), and I put them in the grass run, which would be a bit more neutral than the hutch, and initially they seemed ok, but had an other fight, I tried them again in the hutch a bit later, and another fight...

So took the decision to seperate them, which was a real shame as Matilda was absolutley besotted with him. Although the poor lassie has several bite marks on her.

I asked my friend Holly who is a animal communicator to talk to Alfred, and his response was, "I'm feeling better now" (which I was v glad to hear), "but it is my hutch, and I don't want her in it"...

I've built a pen for him in the kitchen, which he seems very happy in, doing lots of happy flops, poor Matilda seemed quite upset, but is much happier now, I did put some rescue remedy in her water for a few days, and is much more content.

I did try them again in the grass run yesterday, and Alfred was awful with her, so I seperated them again.

I do wonder, as he was the dominant one initially, while he has been v ill, she sort of took over, and he has decided he wants to keep reasserting himself, to make sure he is in charge.

Anyway, they both seem happy by themselves now..

Jx

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd be so upset if MJ and Pippa fell out. How sad for poor Matilda as I know Kay said she was so pleased they'd bonded so well. It's interesting to hear you say about the dominance thing, at first MJ was totally submissive to Pippa but now they seem to take it in turns - I'm guessing they'd both be submissive in a group and for now it seems to work well.

Look on the bright side, you might need to get another bun for Matilda which means more bunny cuddles for you :wink:

Do you think Alfred and Matilda are a definite no go or if you put them living side by side, but separated, do you think they might resolve their differences.

Have u tried moving run and tryin somehwere that is totally neutral? I bonded Honey and Harly in my bathroom, and meantime gave the hutch etc a real good scrub so no scents. Also, for a weeks before this whenever I cleaned their bedding I changed over their hutches, so got used 2 havin 1 anothers scents in together.

Just suggestions like - at the end of the day they'r ur buns and only u can decide whats best for them :)

It was very strange, as they seemed quite happy together initially, I have been thinking though, and I wonder if this may have happened sooner, if he hadn't been ill.

He'd been with Emily for a week, when they had a spat, but she was a bit bigger than him, and took a chunk out of his head.

And after the problems I did have bonding him initially, I think I will leave him as a solitary bun.

I just hope Matilda is happy by herself, she still runs to me for fusses, and when I try to move my hand away after stroking her, she moves with it!

life is never straight forward!

Jx

what a shame, it might be worth persevering with tho? Ask some bonding experts on here?

If not, maybe you should get matilda a friend as she may be lonely outside on her own.

Back