• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm rescuing a bun! U/D Bun rescued, needs vet attention!

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
In about an hour I'm going to pick up a bun advertised on rabbit rehome. He's about 5mins away from me. I went to see him this afternoon. The current owner is getting rid of him cos he bites, but he is adorable!! He got the colouring of a siamise(sp) cat :D, he's 15months old (not neutured). He's currently called Croc but we're gonna call him Billy. Poor little thing been living in a tiny hutch, on cereal mix, with no hay!! I couldn't leave him :cry:

Nicola
We've checked him over and his claws are an inch long! His teeth are overgrown! He's going to the vet in the morning to get sorted out and a full check-up!!
Oh and this bun that supposedly bites everyone has just sat with us on the sofa having a stroke, nose rubs, he's sniffed us, licked us and not once tried to bite! he's just adorable!!! :) :) I could cry when I think about the life he's had :cry:

Aaaah good for you. No wonder he bites if he lives in such a little space, hopefully he will soon learn that people are nice and he has no need to attack! Please keep us updated when you get him.

I've just got back with him. Poor thing!! :cry: :cry:
He really struggled as I was trying to pick him up to pop him in a travelling box, and the owners daughter said to me 'my mum usually picks him up by his ears'!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

He's now safe in a new hutch, but he's sat quivering with fear! :cry: :cry:

I can feel a lot of work here before he trusts people again, if he ever will because he was so neglected :cry:

I'll take some pics in a couple of days when he's a bit more settled

Nicola

Poor little bun, horrid woman, I'd like to pick her up by her ears :evil:

Well done for giving him a secure home, I'm sure he'll come round in time

Stupid Woman!! I just wanna shout sooooo loudly at idiots who treat rabbits like s**t! Hate'em!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Glad he's in good hands now. Well Done!! :thumb:

m
xx

So pleased he's with you now. He sounds adorable.
When Squidgy arrived with us, he'd been left in a garden when his owners moved, with overgrown incisors. He's the most loving bunny you could ever meet. We sorted his teeth out and he's been with us over four years now.
Glad Billy has a happy ending too.

Re: I'm rescuing a bun! U/D Bun rescued, needs vet attention

TheGaffer said:
I could cry when I think about the life he's had :cry: [/b]

He sounds lovely, the stupid people don't know what they're missing. Try not to dwell on his past life, you can't do anything about that. I think he must think he's the luckiest bun in the world to be sitting having a cuddle :D

I think sometimes it is best not to know too much about the life they've had. It's good to know a little, to be prepared for problems etc, but I must admit that I'm happier not knowing too much about my bunnies' 'past lives' (although must admit to being curious sometimes).

Billy's seeing the vet at 9.40. Thank god! I dont get paid till tomorrow but the vets are kindly seeing him today :)

He's eaten loads of hay overnight, I'm surprised he knows what it is cos I dont think he got much before!!

Nicola

Just got back from the vets. She said he looks ok, a bit overweight, teeth not too bad, and she clipped his nails.

So Billy is now on a diet, bless him! :lol:

When he's a bit more settled, he can get neutered. I'm just glad he's ok :D

Nicola

YAY!!!

Glad he's A-Ok.
He better start losin' that belly of his, hes to get a bunny six-pack for the ladies!!

LMAO!!

m
xx

Back