• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny proofing for my teeny houdini

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
he has been at it again :roll: just a couple of days ago teegra slid the cable cover out of the way and snacked on sky cable, managed to fix the sky and as well as the cable cover i put it in conduit and behind mesh, let teegra out to free range this morning and went out to walk the dogs. Got home abvout an hour later and could hear a terrible racket upstairs, ran upstairs looked under my bed and there was teegra carfully sliding the cover off the conduit!!!

what else can i do?

how else do people bunny proof?
now got to go and re attach the conduit and hope that he doesnt do it again

abi and teegra

lol if only i had a spare room!! would love to have a buuny room but will have to wait till i get my own house :lol:

abi and teegra

Hmmm I wish I could tell you that a room can be completley bunny proof.... short of teegra having an own room.... you're kind of stuck ... just do your best with what you have... bunnys will though find a way - they always do , although they get sort of better after spaying and when they grow up! :)

It'd b a big big hassle I think, but I know that my friends ex-bf had all the cables in his house going throo holes in2 the wall (they didnt have bunnies, he was jst a bit OCD with neatness and thought cables were 'untidy')

lol that may have to be a last resort lol
I have just done 'bunny proofing attempt #3' which means i have put argos cube panels all around my bed (and under my mattress going out to the wall so he cant jump down the gap) as the cable he keeps getting is totally under there so now to get to it he would have to get through wire mesh to get under my bed then another lot of wire mesh to get to the cable area then through conduit then through cable cover fingers crossed he decides that is too much trouble lol

abi and teegra

oops :oops: i always call it the wrong name lol it is actually called plastic trunking http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/invt/833691 is is like a plastic U shape which attaches to the wall with a plastic cover which slides along it. it usually protects cables very well as they are completely out of the way but obviously the sky was just too tasty either that or we was trying to turn it on and watch some cartoons lol :lol:

abi and teegra

Back