• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shack Hutches

Hiya

We've got the 4ft single hutch with run underneath with guinea pigs in. It's a nice hutch but we've brought it into a shed now as the lid was letting water in down one side and the bottom rained in badly (as you would expect it to being mesh sides!). It came flat packed and we did have to put a few extra screws in to make it as sturdy as we'd like but it wasn't too bad and is a very nice looking hutch. We managed to get ours locally for just £60 which looking at online prices I didn't think was too bad.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Gemma

I have the 48' double hutch. Guinea Pigs live in the top and a Rabbit in the bottom (both also have runs to go into in the day time).

The opening roof was a God send (especially for guineas) as it makes catching so much easier. I have never had problems with mine at all but I do have scratch and newton covers (and now they are in a shed as well!) so they have never been exposed to the elements....

They are nice looking hutches and I've never had any complaints.

These are not big enough for rabbits, and only the largest is big enough for guinea pigs. You can do better.

RSPCA size for rabbits is a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft hutch - your run sounds good by their standards:though :)

P@H do lovely hutchs. Thisle Hall is HUGE!! I heard you can keep up to 4 buns in them. Ive got two of them, one for stud and one for my three girls, all living quite happly. Plus the look quite simular to the ones in the link.

m
xx

Yup, the rescue I volunteer that won't rehome to anything less than 6'x3' single or 5'x2' double storey. This is because bunnies need this much room to lay out properly in pairs and to turn round in comfort.

I know it sounds huge but remember in winter they will spend most of their time in the hutch part rather than the run. I know I would want to be able to lay down comfortably and walk 4-5 paces to each end of the room I was going to spend most of my time in :)

The P@H ones are very good, desinged with RWA and the prices are reasonable as well. The problem is that they are two tall for the run and they do ony a 3 ft and 5ft wide. The 5ft at £79.99 is good value but two wide for the space we have. The 3 ft is also UK but she needs somewhere to lie in the dry when its raining. She is an old girl (11.5) and has arthritis. She also has a composter on its side helf filled with hay which she hangs out in, but it does not give her the all round vision she wants sometimes

Adam

Back