• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxo and Fliss have been to the vets

Jaypot

Mama Doe
After Cath had stopped laughing :lol: :lol: (best thing to do 'cos the buns love the sound of laughter :lol: ) - she examined both buns carefully.
She loved them, absolutely adored them :D :D :D
Oxo put up a show by beating his vet bed and hooded cat bed up, Cath thought that was wonderful and showed just how much spirit he has :D
Oxo has lost the sight in one eye and we are getting some special drops delivered to the practice tomorrow to try and save the sight in the remaining eye. Other than that and his legs she gave him a clean bill of health :D Chest, heart, tummy, ears etc - all fine :D
Fliss is blind in both eyes but she is a happy girl - she will have drops and false tears as well to keep her eyes moist. They are beyond saving the sight but she is so adorable and gets around great :D Her legs are a mess too but Cath said that she is otherwise a healthy little girl.
John asked if we where doing right by them and she said that they are only disabled so of course we are :D We knew already that we where but it's nice to be assured by a vet :D
They will go in for x-rays in a couple of weeks as she wants the eye drops to help with inflammation etc so that is more important than legs that can't be fixed :D
Oxo has extremely thin skin on his legs so we have to apply cream a couple of times a day - it has nothing to do with the hair loss, it is just paper thin skin - but due to him being on vet bed he should be alright - we can't let him get any leisons or they would become badly infected :?
They are both eating fine, pooping fine and generally being nosey - it's so lovely to see them. They both adore cuddles and they follow the sound of your voice when you are walking around :D :D :D
We are so very happy to have them as part of the Hairy Mob - thank you so much Angie and Tracey for letting us have these precious darlings :D :D

:D :D That is very positive and good news Jay, we are so pleased for the bunnies and for you too :D
Please keep us posted on their progress, and give Oxo and Fliss a kiss from me.
XX

There is already fur growing back and there shouldn't be a problem more growing back if he is kept dry and on vetbed :D
He's my little soldier :oops: :oops:

LonBun said:
Well done you. do you think the fur on Oxo's legs will grow back?

Adam

Of course you can - you've got my email address and my phone number so let's make a date :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be warned though, all buns are alarmed so you can't sneak any out :p :lol:

bunnymadhouse said:
AAWWW .
ITS US WHO ARE THANKING YOU :D

WOULD YOU MIND IF WE CAME TO VISIT THEM IN A MONTH OR SO ....PLEEEEASE :oops: :?

Angie

Be warned though, all buns are alarmed so you can't sneak any out
oooohhh ... sensible precautions i think :wink:

Ill get back into my routine and let you you know when we could get over . might not be for a month or so though .

realy looking forward to meeting you and all the mob :D

Jaypot said:
Be warned though, all buns are alarmed so you can't sneak any out :p :lol:

Tis true, I tried and failed :lol: :lol:

Did Chloe go to the vets as well, Jay? How is the little princess?

wow!!! amazing news!! they sure sound like little fighters and I'm sure with your care and love they will be new bunnies in no time at all!
bless their little hearts :wink:

Back