• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi in Fleet Hampshire - awful news

Bunsters

New Kit
One of our foster baby bunnies - Bertie, had to be put to sleep today after catching myxi. Poor thing, he was only 15 weeks old.
:cry:
He was one of the 80 rescued from a house in Oxford - what a horrible start in life and now this. :cry:
He was fine yesterday.
We were due to get him and his brothers and Mum vaccinated in the next week or so. I feel terrible that we didn't get it done sooner but we are going through some serious personal problems at the moment.
:cry:
We are worried sick about his 2 brothers and Mum. His brothers had their jab today after we found out and his Mum will have her myxi injection tomorrow.
We are also so worried about our own 6 and my Mum's 2 who we are currently looking after. They have all had their injections about 3 months ago. Poor Bexley and Jim were vaccinated but it didn't stop myxi killing them. We pray they will all be ok.

Binky free little Bertie. Lots of love, cuddles and nose rubs, Tanya and Rob x

Oh no, how awful! Sadly, you can't do everything to protect them and sometimes horrible things still happen. I reeally hope the other buns are OK.

Oh no, not Bexley and Jim :cry: I remember looking at piccies of them elsewhere.

Poor wee Bertie, fingers crossed his Mum and brothers are alright

So sorry Tanya and Rob

Back