• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edwin - Baby bunny foster(warning graphic leg injury pics!)

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
This little charmer is Edwin :D He is a bout 6 weeks old and has been 'had' by a cat. The RSPCA were called to a house where a ladies cat had killed one rabbit, injured this one and was tormenting the rest. RSPCA being RSPCA they were not too interested in this little one :roll:
He has a full skin thickness wound to his leg, just about all the way around. He had a GA today to clean it up and the choices were to suture it, leave it or amputate it. There isnt much skin left to suture and amputation seemed a bit drastic at this stage, he has full use of his leg. So the vet felt the wound might be best healed by second intention, but it will take a lengthy process and if it turns necrotic he may still lose his leg. If it gets to this he will hopefully adapt very quickly due to being so young. He's with me for the time being but will be looking for a new home when the time is right.
PIC_0001.jpg

PIC_0002.jpg

PIC_0005.jpg

What a pretty little face!! He has the same markings as a cat i used 2 have. The evil woman, why did she leave the cat where could get them, stupid c*w!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :roll: :cry: , at least he's with u now tho :D

Poor little fella :(

Oh by the way it might be worth putting a warning about the graphic picture in the title, just incase someone gets upset by looking at it. :wink:

Will do sue!

I think her cat found them elsewhere truthfully, they were not her rabbits. The cat brought 3 to her garden yesterday and 3 today, all harlequin babies. He's amaisingly bright and tucked straight into his hay :D

bizzy_vicki said:
Will do sue!

I think her cat found them elsewhere truthfully, they were not her rabbits. The cat brought 3 to her garden yesterday and 3 today, all harlequin babies. He's amaisingly bright and tucked straight into his hay :D

Poor buns.. has she tried to find out where the cats is getting them from? There might me a sad bunny mummy out there wondering whats happened to her bunnies :(

I'm not sure Sue. The RSPCA are supposed to put posters up in the area. All the babes were filthy, covered in mud, dont know how long they've been 'out'.

Edwin leg is still taking time to heal but he was given the all clear yesterday! Woohoo! He will not lose his leg :D
He also got a place at a fantastic rescue so he left me today to hopefully soon find his forver home, good luck Ed!

Brysons animal refuge.
We do all their vet work and they have very strict rehoming and adoption policies and carry out home visits before and after adoption, I've no doubt they will find him an excellent home. He will also be fully vaccinated and nuetered too. Which is guarenteed so much better than if I rehomed him myself.

Back