• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SnowFlakes Mommy...

Bunyipboy

Young Bun
Just wondering what breed the white rabbit in the photo is???? He looks just like my Neo who is apparently a 'lop cross' (but I dont believe it).

Mines a mini lop through and through - although shes not a fat one! - Hope thats some help ... although shes missing a tiny bit of the bottom of one ear due to an infection.
Hope thats some help!!!! :)

I think my boy is probley a mini lop crossed with a New Zealand white (maybe??). His ears used to be a litttle floppy at the tips so i could fold them, but now they are a lot more floppy at the tips but I dont think they will lop, though when he bounds around sometimes they do flop. How big does a mini lop get>?
Here are some photos (but they dont do him much justice)
DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

Awww what a beautiful rabbit....
He looks slightly smaller than mine, but if hes still gorwing then I think you're probably right its a lop cross.... the face looks like its got new zealand in it - So I think your judgement is right!.

He looks small, but he's bigger than my dwarf crosses, he weighs 2kg at the moment and his ears are 8.5 cm (i think). Also I'm building him a bigger cage (the one he is in is temporary). Do you think 4ft by 5ft is okay for the run and 4ft by 2ft by 2ft for the hutch on top. Also he gets free range exercise each day so he's not always confined.

How old is Neo? If he's still a youngster and has some NZ white in him, then 4*2*2 won't be big enough! I had a NZ crossed with a dwarf lop a few years ago, and he was over 4kg fully grown :shock: He looks like a lovely chap, whatever he is! :D

I should think even at 2kg a 4x2 is too small let alone if he gets any bigger :shock: I would aim for something more like 6 foot.

But how did a mini lop get crossed with a NewZ white?? :shock: :lol:

mini lop would have to have been the male.
What about 5ft by 2ft by 2ft?? plus the run below (all joint). Man oh man I hope he gets to four kg (fingers crossed)

one more thing, he is already 6months (but we got him when he was 4 1/2) from a pet shop so dont know his history, but he eats like mad, so I think maybe they deprived him of food :?:

A lot of rabbits eat like its going out of fashion lol!
Mine was such a slow eater cos she never had to share. - Now shes been bonded... you would think she had never seen food before.

As foor the hutch - I reckon when they say 6 ft that would be your best bet..... you may not think it but they really do need a lot of space.
My mini lop and now new baby - they have a 2 storey hutch and an attatched run... each floor is 5 and a bit foot by 2 ft, by a bit more than 2 ft - I had extra height put on ...
and they have an attatched 6 by 5 ft run. and they are only small bunies.

Back