• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sound familiar

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:roll:

reason being is my boy has turn`t for the worst since i had to split him nd his brother up and its scaring me because he`s not chasing ya ankles to nip now he`s bombing them with hits nd trying to take huge chunks out (he`s already scared me son by nipping his leg really hard) , same with his food bowl, ya cant get near it without puttin on a thick jacket to cover ya arm, i`v tried everything from treats to even getting him a girly but he even went to attack her, to put it bluntly its like he`s a wild rabbit nd im not sure wether a rescue will take him on with his bad attitude

Poor bun, damn the fact I haven't got the shed sorted out yet, he could have come here :x

Hmmmm

Makes me wonder if "These people" already know of R/R and are waiting for some "sucker" off here to read of their plight :?

Just me being cynical I suppose :roll:

I don't see the need to have cross-posted this here :? At least she's making the effort to rehome him, many people would just dump a bunny like this, either in the wild or on someone else, or ask the vet to PTS for the aggression. That or keep him shut in a hutch for the rest of his life.
Yes, we take animals on to be our responsibility but circumstances change and sometimes rehoming is the best option. No matter how important animals are, this woman has to consider her children too. I'm sure if someone's dog suddenly turned child-aggressive everyone would be quick to say it shouldn't be housed around children and should be rehomed to a rescue with aggressive dog experience, or PTS. Bunnies may be smaller but can certainly inflict a lot of harm, especially to very young children (in fact, I know of bunnies and rats that have put people in hospital with their bites)
It sounds like she's tried everything she can to stop the aggression - this sounds like a last resort, and she's said on the thread that he's welcome to stay at hers but she's worried for the safety of her children, which I think is a valid concern with any aggressive animal.

Reminds me of the parrot in last week's Worst Pets episode. It kept attacking the owner's son. Until the son got these funny parrot slippers. :lol:

It sounds like she's tried everything she can to stop the aggression - this sounds like a last resort

Hmmmmm but has she tried everything - it doesnt say anywhere there that she's put her hand in her pocket and had him NEUTERED to stop the aggression, and everyone knows male bunnies can be very agggressive before then (when mine reached puberty they seemed 2 change overnight, til a few weeks after I got them neutered, then they were back 2 their old selves)

It's hard 2 say without reading full ad, but certainly doesm't sound like it. In that case it isnt the buns fault he's being aggressive, it probably bugs him too, but it's just natural behaviour for him UNTIL SHE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT

lucyj said:
It sounds like she's tried everything she can to stop the aggression - this sounds like a last resort

Hmmmmm but has she tried everything - it doesnt say anywhere there that she's put her hand in her pocket and had him NEUTERED to stop the aggression, and everyone knows male bunnies can be very agggressive before then (when mine reached puberty they seemed 2 change overnight, til a few weeks after I got them neutered, then they were back 2 their old selves)

It's hard 2 say without reading full ad, but certainly doesm't sound like it. In that case it isnt the buns fault he's being aggressive, it probably bugs him too, but it's just natural behaviour for him UNTIL SHE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT

He is neutered, Gem just didn't paste that part :roll:

In one of her replies, posted before you made this thread

There are several threads of your on another forum which wouldn't paste you in the most favourable light but it's not my business to do so.

Southampton. Though Emma at Furryfriends has given the owner some great advice and offered to take him if things don't work out.

BirdieBun said:
OOOOOOH FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO: Just choked ona rich tea biscuit!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lucyj wrote:
Quote:

He is neutered, Gem just didn't paste that part

Ah ok, That's why I said 'it's hard 2 say without reading full lot' but thought it would have said so in that part.

Please don't start bickering about this as it's just silly - when I first found this forum I thought it was a godsend, cram full of information and helpful supportive people, undoubtedly it still is - but a few times recently Ive seen argumentative threads, and if I was a new user I think it may put me off. Im not saying dont express am opinion, Im known 2 do that myself!, And every1s entitled 2 that. but just keep it friendly can we? :D

I don't think starting a thread about someone you don't even know and skipping out facts when they can't defend themselves gives a good impression either.

Karly said:
Southampton. Though Emma at Furryfriends has given the owner some great advice and offered to take him if things don't work out.

cool, fingers crossed for him then, i hope it all works out for him and his owner and if not he has a safe home sorted already!
i have a soft spot for snarky bucks! my 1st bun as a child was a vicious little b***er, i still have the scars on my chest! he lived well into his teens :shock:

if for any reason things dont work out, remember me :wink:

snowy said:
BirdieBun said:
OOOOOOH FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO: Just choked ona rich tea biscuit!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: I really MUST learn to behave!

Sorry Gem/ Karly :lol:

Back