• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SS, Burgess or A&P

johannapage

Warren Scout
Im getting a bit stuck storing my A&P, there is noone local who wants to split a bag, so i was thinking of swapping onto SS or Burgess,

in peoples opinions which is better and how much does it usually cost? and ho long should it last for one bunny?

Thanks and sorry to bring the food topic back up!

Science selective! They much prefer it, and Excel has a lower fibre content, although it has recently been increased apparently.

Admittedly tho, excel is easier to get hold of.

Science selective is about £12 for a 10kg bag, £2.80ish for a 2kg bag.
i think you can order both ss and excel from bunnybasics.

will there be a huge amount of difference fibre wise with the Burgess Lite which is 18% fibre compared to the 23% she has in the A&P??

and is the Burgess lite ok to feed a normal sized rabbit etc??

Well..... :lol: Sophie used to be on Excel - but when we got Rudy he got upset tum from excel, so we are now on A&P but just this morning I have started moving them on from A&P to SS... my reasons are because it was a 2 hour drive to get A&P, the bag so far has lasted 7 months :shock: which is prob out of date now but its stored air tight and has been fine, but like you say, storing it is a nightmare! Plus, I can get SS down the road and although it will cost more in the long run, it's not a problem and will be easier to store :D When I fed them this morning, Rudy picked out the SS first and left some of his A&P - I think he likes it :lol:

do you ever travel down to shepton mallet?
if you do i will split a bag of a+p with you, or if you dont need that much you can have a smaller amount!
sorry if i'm too far away though :wink:

I used to feed excel light but I moved over to ss a few months ago and love it! Ruby and Millie haven't left any soft poos around since I switched them over and they love the taste of it! :D

Harvey loves SS. I moved away from A&P for 2 reasons, 1 its hard to get hold of, and 2 he didnt like it!

ive since temporaily moved on to a excel lite and SS mix as Harveys on a diet!! ha!!

so he gets minimal a day and only what he gets in his treat ball for now. once hes back to a good weigt, i suspect ill go back to all SS but far less of it!!

also with 1 bun, stick to smaller bags, might be more expensive but it keeps easier and better!

I've recently got some A&P pellets, although I am lucky in that the place I go to does split them into smaller bags then you can try them.

I did start off with the excel pellets, which gave Alfred a mucky bum, so switched to SS, which he seemed much better with, but still couldn't feed in anywhere near the recommended quantities, without a sticky bum, so have started introducing the A&P pellets, as an additional, which he seems fine with. (He had lost a weight with being ill - and I need to buld him up again).

He also loves them in his treat bowl, once the SS are finished I'm sticking with the A&P, both Alfred and Matilda wolf them down.

Jx

Have tried all 3. My rabs don't like A & P, they liked Burgess but I swopped them over to SS as the fibre was higher. They all go mad for it. I buy it from Focus (DIY) at £2.50 per bag.

Rabswood

Back