• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap A&P??

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
My sister has found a place that sells Allen and Page for six pounds something per 20kg. This sound incredibly cheap!!! I haven't used it before but might change over as this is less than a quater of what I am paying at the moment for my SS.

Is there any way you can try your buns on it before you buy a whole sack? I bought a sack of A&P and then my buns wouldn't eat it. It could just be that mine were really fussy and yours may be fine, I know a lot of people use it on here and their buns like it. I tried mine with it for two weeks and ended up donating it to the RSPCA near me, so at least it didn't go to waste! Claire x

I you email allen and page they will send you a free sample, thats how I first tried it, came within a few days, you just want the narural rabbit pellets.

I did try this before I bought my sack (which was in July) and they said that due to "new regulations" they can't send out samples any more. Good luck, anyway! Claire x

I was buying it for £6 something... but am changing them over to SS now as it was a 2 hour trip to get A&P.. plus it has a short shelf life - a 20kg sack has lasted my pair around 7 months now :shock: I keep it in an air tight container so it's fine - but storing it is a bit of a probem!!!

When introducing them to SS Rudy picked all the SS out and left some of the A&P - so I guess he likes it :lol: :lol:

I think A and P is brilliant but if you only have a couple of buns, with its short shelf life im not sure its worth it.

I have just brought another sack with a shelf life of 3 months...and with only Audrey to feed at the mo (who i give very little to)...even at the recommended 50g a day it will take me well over a year to use it all!

If only it didnt go out of date so quickly. Well I'll give some to my friend and put the rest in an airtight container, so i'll use it all.

I had the same with my buns as I only have two. They seemed to like it at first but then stopped eating it.

They much prefer SS and clear their bowls every day - I'm sure that they even lick up the dust bit in the bottom :lol:

Sally if you pm me your address I'll post you a sample of A&P, I bought a sack but it seemed to make Santa's snuffles worse and they do prefer the SS so I've swapped back. So I have tonnes of A&P sat in the shed and will happily post you some to try.

Back