• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising ideas please!

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I need soem sensible fundraising ideas for Kirkby Pet Welfare please!

Im not too keen on doing something sponsored as I dont like asking people for money, but any other ideas welcome!

thanks x

Wine and Wisdom evenings are good or perhaps a kind of fete event, cake stalls, games, junk stall, raffle etc, though that'd take a lot of organising.

Car boots are good for fund raising. People are always happy to have a clear out and donate stuff they don't want anymore :D

Do you rehome piggies as well as rabbits? If you do you can always do up decent rabbit hutches which come in and are never big enough to rehome rabbits in and use them for rehoming piggies in. I do this a lot and have funded an extension to the garden so that the rabbits have more space (fencing, paving slabs, cement, sand etc) and also bought lots of toys, hay racks, litter trays, bottles, bowls, wooden houses for the piggies cages and also their runs.

I am now starting raisign money so that we can purchase new hutches for the piggie shed as a few are past their best.

Could you sell food and hay, I know a rescue which sells readigrass, hay (they split a bale in 3 and sell it for £ 3 or £4), food (particuarly A&P). You would need a regular open session to do this.

what about auctions? get people to donate items and then auction them to the highest bidder (you can even do it online) another forum i am on has 'secret' auctions where the item is described but they are never told what it is you can also see a piccie of it wrapped or covered up. the curiosity always gets high bids lol
might be worth a try

abi and teegra

Thanks for the ideas everyone :)

Kirkby do rehome guinea pigs, but they dont often have them in for some reason. I'll mention the hutch and hay ideas tho xx

I wonder if there's somewhere else you could sell food and hay rather than on an open day? I dont think they have too many :?

mandy said:
Thanks for the ideas everyone :)

Kirkby do rehome guinea pigs, but they dont often have them in for some reason. I'll mention the hutch and hay ideas tho xx

I wonder if there's somewhere else you could sell food and hay rather than on an open day? I dont think they have too many :?

Some rescues open reguarly on one day at a weekend, which is how they offer food and hay for sale. If they have enough helpers could a rota be organised so that they could be open for an hour or two on a weekend or one an evening during the week. At preset times people are likely to just pop along to pick up supplies instead of using a pet shop. It is something which needs a team to ensure that their is commitment behind this idea and it will be slow to take off until people are used to the idea.

Back