• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets in Canterbury area?

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I'm moving to Chartham - just off the A28 about 10 mins outside Canterbury - in three weeks and wondered if anyone knows of any good rabbit vets in the area? There is a practice in the village but don't know anything about it. :?

Where is the practice in the village - is it on the new development at St Augustines?

I ask cos I come from Chartham and will be moving back there soon.

The vets I used to go to are the ones in Northgate, Canterbury - Maison Dieu. They were really good and I might look at going back to them.

So whereabouts in Chartham are you moving to?

It wasn't in the St Augustines part - I think it was near the train station end. But it was my husband who thought he saw it so he could have got it wrong!
We are moving to a house that is set back from the A28 - actually on the main road though. Its just before you pass the cemetary, called the Old Stables as its a conversion. Where in Chartham will you be?

I don't know of a vets along that way, but could be wrong.

Just thought - when you do sign up with a doctor in the village I would really recommend going for Dr Kinnersleys practice at the Old School Surgery. He is an absolutley marvellous doctor.

Is the Old Stables part of the big conversion project just by the river? I'm trying to remember what's along the main road but am struggling. :oops:

My budget isn't as big as yours :lol: - I'm buying an ex-local property in Cremer Close which is an offshoot of Shalmsford Street - nearer the top end. It's in the road next to where I lived with my mum before, so I know the area and it's not that bad.

I'm curious as to how you got from Bromley to Chartham - not an obvious move (if you don't mind me being nosey?)

Thanks for the tip on the doctors - that's really helpful!
Yes, the house is part of that conversion - but we're only renting, not buying it sadly!
We chose the Canterbury area because we wanted somewhere less busy than gretaer London, somewhere cheaper and somewhere were we could have more access to the countryside. Plus we loved the city when we visited it. Chartham just came up because we found a house there! But when we visited it is seemed just what we were looking for - a nice small village but within a short drive of all the amenities of the city. Just hope we like it now!

Back