• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed on another forum

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone offer advice on this site please:

ww.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2480.0

I know why it wont work but I cant really put it into words :lol:
You can post here or PM me if you like as im a member of guineapigforum
thanks x

Hi everyone,
I am in need of urgent help, :-\I have three bunnies, Sasha female belgian hare, Fiver male perlfee and Bo female albino medium sized rabbit. Basically i am planning on building a large avairy type brick building for me rabbits and guinea pigs to live in, however sasha and bo do not get on and when i let them out yesterday it appears they had a fight when i wasnt watching with the result ending in bo biting and wounding sashas throat, now usually bo runs away from sasha but this time the tables turned. is there anyway i can get my rabbits to get on and also now that bo has had her turn of dominance is there more chance the two will now get on?

Another question is that i am planning to keep a baby from each of the two litters as bo and sasha both currently have babies (fiver has done his work well0 if i introduce the babies at an early age will they get on and also when sasha an bo are leaving with other adult females is it more likely they will get one?

If anyone has any advice id be most greatful thankyou Nat xx

TBH Mandy I think the advice will be the same as we've both posted on the guinea pig forum. You can't expect to take an unneutered buck and an unspayed doe, mate them, split them up so she can have babies, then put them back together and expect them to be friends :shock: I'm sure it's probably worked for some people but on the whole I would say a big no-no.

Can anyone with more experience of rabbits/breeding/bonding can offer any further advice?

I suppose its pretty obvious really, but just couldnt think of a very succint (SP?) way of wording it and would probably have ended up going off on one :lol:

Guinea pigs and rabbits

Hi,

Presumably the guinea pigs are rabbits will not be kept together since rabbits can and do kill/fatally wound guinea pigs.

Hope this is helpful,

Sue

Re: Guinea pigs and rabbits

Sue said:
Hi,

Presumably the guinea pigs are rabbits will not be kept together since rabbits can and do kill/fatally wound guinea pigs.

Hope this is helpful,

Sue

Nope she keeps a male pig with her rabbits as he likes company :roll: I've posted telling her the reasons why this isn't advised. She breeds both pigs and rabbits and says pig doesn't get on with other boars cos it's been used to breed. I'm not going to post on anymore advice, nothing more to say really!!

Gem said:
Errrrr neutering :?: :roll:

I best not go and post :oops:

Don't think she'll neuter, she breeds them but have told her the only way forward would be to neuter/spay and try then, but no guarantees

Back