• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe heat pads - Anyone use them?

Beaney

Mama Doe
I was just reading about them on the internet - wondered if they were any good for using inside hutches, which are inside sheds on the very cold winter nights/days. I am thinking more about the guineas than the bun but could be used for him as well but wondered if they do stay warm enough when they are outside...

Sabrina
x

Greenfields use these. They are very sturdy plastic and give out heat for up to 12 hrs, I am going to get some for our bunny shed ready for winter!

I used one for Alfie last year
I t says it lasts 12 hours,but id say more like 8 hours,i used to put his in as late as i could

I use them for my piggies during the winter. They're great, though as Bluebunny says they only seem to last for about 8 hours. I don't use them for my buns though, as they're young and have each other and a nice thick coat in winter.

I got one for Alice when she wasn't well over winter and it was fantastic. I put it on some vetbed and she snuggled up next to it with her teddy bear!

It's enough to take the chill out of the air and provides somewhere warm for them. I bought one for Benny, my other bun too and he also seemed to really like it.

I'd agree that it doesn't last 12 hours, but if you put it in last thing at night it should be fine overnight.

Yep I use them in the winter and when the buns are ill and they love them! I pop them in their fleecy beds and they love to snuggle up in there on a cold winter night, kept nice + warm!!

which size did you use.the small one or the one for cats?
we have one form our poor departed kidney cat and weve used her pad outside the cage bars when bunny in recovery.
a friend of mine got one for her bunny dazy who had to be put down last week..and she couldnt destroy it..and it did keep her warm for the 12 hours until we hadthe -4 temp then it was 8 hrs..

try the cat sized one..if that was it then maybe youve had it for its life span..check the packaging its 2 years or something i think..

I had some kindly donated last year and used them in the winter for the older buns. some rabbits will not go near them however cold it may be, but one bun I had in ,Lucy, had to be prised off hers even when it had gone stone cold! :shock: :lol:
As already said they do not stay warm for 12 hours...I'd say six..but this is a big help when it is freezing.

The only problem with heating your rabbits in the winter, especially ones that live outside is, once the heat wares of your bunny catches a chill, i beleive heating a rabbit is the worse thing to do, i leave my rabbits to grow their thick winter coats, my rabbits are in a garage, its the same temp as outside except it keeps the drafts out, i give them plenty of bedding, hay , straw and feed them more, apart from that they get through it themselves with regular excersise outside to warm them up a bit.

My cousin had a rabbit she used to bring it in the house for a run around, and gave it a heta pad for at night, but as soon as that heat went the rabbit got cold, it eventually caught a chill, developed neumonia (sp?) and died :?

This is only my personal opinion, i'm not judging anyone :wink:

Yes but with a heat pad it doesnt actually heat the room or hutch just warms the rabbit if it sits on it,Alfie used his all winter with no probs
My rabbits had a heater in the summerhouse all through out the winter last year,most people heat there sheds with heaters that just take the chill off

I use one for my guineas when it goes below freezing in the winter. The snugglesafe is quite hot at first, so I popped my in an old pillow case and then put hay on top of it so as not to burn them!! They seem to appreciate it!!

I've also used it for my old aged hammies to give a bit of comfort before they pass on.

xx

I've used one for old sick mice before, under their cage. They would make a bed on the floor right in the middle of the heat. So cute.

Didn't know soo many of you guys had them! :shock:

Might need to pop put and get a couple.
Do you think 1 between my 3 girls will be enough, they all live together, stud will get this own. ofcourse. Though about buyin' one of those cat beds to for them to snuggle in to.

m
xx

mit said:
Didn't know soo many of you guys had them! :shock:

Might need to pop put and get a couple.
Do you think 1 between my 3 girls will be enough, they all live together, stud will get this own. ofcourse. Though about buyin' one of those cat beds to for them to snuggle in to.

m
xx

I think your three buns would be ok without one to be honest. They have each other to snuggle up to, as long as their hutch is covered it should be ok. I wouldn't have thought this winter will be so cold as the last one.

Back