• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burns Rabbit food

Where did it say that?! :lol: I dont see that.

quote:A more natural way of feeding, using high quality hay together with a wonderful mix of dried flowers and herbs

Think they are basically saying rabbits dont need dry food,from reading this off the site
You feed that with hay and veggies

It is possible to feed your pet rabbit on a diet with high quality fresh hay (available 24 hrs), vehetables, fresh wild plants and herbs, without the need for any dried cereals, pellets or flaked diets. This is especially true for house rabbits (rabbits kept outdoors may benefit fromminimal use of dried cereals especially in winter when it is colder and they are expending more energy.

tigerbabe said:
It say's the meadow mix and herbal blends are " ahealthy treat for your rabbit"
Yes but used as a food because they say rabbits dont need dry food just have hay and veggies

bluebunny said:
tigerbabe said:
Yes but used as a food because they say rabbits not need dry food just have and veggies

Sorry, you posted while I was writing that last response :oops:

As I'm still in the bunny research stage I'd be very interested to hear what you all think about this. I'm still not entirely clear on what a rabbit should be fed and how often :?

tigerbabe said:
bluebunny said:
tigerbabe said:
Yes but used as a food because they say rabbits not need dry food just have and veggies

Sorry, you posted while I was writing that last response :oops:

As I'm still in the bunny research stage I'd be very interested to hear what you all think about this. I'm still not entirely clear on what a rabbit should be fed and how often :?
Well while my rabbits were house bunnies they didnt get any dry food just hay and veggies
but since moving outdoors they get tiny handfull everyday in winter and every other day in summer

bluebunny said:
Well while my rabbits were house bunnies they didnt get any dry food just hay and veggies
but since moving outdoors they get tiny handfull everyday in winter and every other day in summer

Is that a tiny handful per rabbit??

tigerbabe said:
bluebunny said:

Is that a tiny handful per rabbit??
Yep :)

I'm not convinced.. Rabbits can do well on a hay & veggie diet but they need a wide variety of veggies to get the full vitamin/mineral requirements. Those bags are only 100g each so you're obviously not intended to feed much per day plus there isn't that wide a variety of plants in them and I thought dry stuff had less vitamins?

I don't think they'd give you any benefit of straight hay & veggies.

Also with house rabbit there is the issue of vitamin D which outdoor rabbits would get from sunlight but inndoor rabbit get from pellets.

Back