• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ranging your buns

woodstock

Mama Doe
Well, yesterday we took the plunge and let the buns out into the lounge/dining room despite the fact I went in to the office yesterday. Egg and Tuesday have been good mon/tues/wed when i'd been working from home...

However, it appears that:
a) When Alex got home yesterday, Egg was sat behind the tele (we had storage cube defenses in place, but she'd jumped them). Luckily Egg isn't really a big fan of nibbling cables, and the tele still works so fingers crossed she hasn't done any damage!
b) this morning i let them out, came back in to find Egg sat on the dining table! (she'd jumped up on the chair then on to the table). She was very confident, so she must have done this before...!
c) the carpet/rugs are all looking a bit thread bare :?

Luckily Tuesday (AKA carpet monster) hasn't figured out how to copy Egg's tricks - but he was going nuts under the table when Egg was up there - i'm sure she's trying to get him to copy her!
If Tuesday works out her tricks, we're going to have huge problems! he's the rabbit equivalent of a dustbin!

worried of warwickshire!

But how can you be cross with those little faces awwwwww its so hard isn't it? Bunny has ruined my faviourite pair of red shoes and I am gutted but can't be cross. :love:

Mine surprised me a bit too with their athletics!
1) They go UP a lot more than I expected! Over gates, ontl tables, up on windowsills!
2) The things that they didn't chew at first . . they chewed later! Don't get over-confident about cables - I have paid out a fortune in replacements :roll:
3) I went by the rule - if you don't want it chewed, lock it away. Everything that I tried to barrier off became even more enticing :lol:

But maybe my bunnies are just really naughty . . .

I'm thinking of getting 24 hour surveilance.... and a loud hailer to tell them off remotely! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Egg has managed to jump to the kitchen hatch before - so I guess i'll find her in the kitchen/kitchen sink one day :eek: :lol:

Spacegirl said:
Mine surprised me a bit too with their athletics!
1) They go UP a lot more than I expected! Over gates, ontl tables, up on windowsills!
2) The things that they didn't chew at first . . they chewed later! Don't get over-confident about cables - I have paid out a fortune in replacements :roll:
3) I went by the rule - if you don't want it chewed, lock it away. Everything that I tried to barrier off became even more enticing :lol:

But maybe my bunnies are just really naughty . . .
Nope same here - with Soph anyway - Rudy is an angel :love:

loopylop said:
Sophie would eat her way out through the bricks if she was free range! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can just see it! :)
saying that - the bricks i put in their cage to try and encourage Egg to go wee wee in the right place have been chewed :eek: :? (It's a ruddy brick!!!! AGHGHGHGH)

woodstock said:
loopylop said:
Sophie would eat her way out through the bricks if she was free range! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can just see it! :)
saying that - the bricks i put in their cage to try and encourage Egg to go wee wee in the right place have been chewed :eek: :? (It's a ruddy brick!!!! AGHGHGHGH)

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sophie would be into places I didn't know exsisted :lol: And she can get over the PWS run if she wants to :roll: And cables are her favourite! Good job I love her to bits :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it the mini lop thing? lol :lol:
Mine gets eeverywhere to - I just hope and pray his new baby doesnt copy her! otherwise I am in big trouble!
The thing is you put defenses up and they just see that as another obstacle for fun to get over - bunnies who'd have them!!
Its true though I look her, and I think you evil rabbit do you hate me or something... and she just goes I know I am in trouble but look deeply into my eyes and then I know you're just going to go awwwww.

We are on our 3rd phone now lol. The more I try to block off access to behind the TV, the more Moonshine tries to get behind it! It's like she loves the challenge lol!

I discovered this fab tubing that I use as cable covers from Maplin electronics.(Did have some JML cable tidy, but its so expensive when you need a lot of it!!!) Its just this corrugated plastic tube that can be cut down the middle and put over the cables, its really thick so they'd have a job getting though it!

Nicola

TheGaffer said:
We are on our 3rd phone now lol.

Tell me about it!
I've lost 2/3 mice, 4/5 phone chargers, 1xplaystation controller, 6/7 x telephone cables, etc etc - and that was before they were even free range! (or indoors for that matter)
Trouble is our tele area is just a mess - we've got some many things under there including a computer! oh well - at least the books are safe (fingers crossed!!)
I've bought some willow sticks to try and distract them, but it looks like they aren't interested! (doh)
:lol: :lol:

Snowflakes mummy said:
is it the mini lop thing? lol :lol:

Well mine definitely have cheeky little uppity ears :)

I think it's her mission to boldly go where no other bunny has gone before :lol:

snowy said:
I must be really lucky because my free range bunnies don't chew! :D

gggrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh well, at least you have naughty buns making earthworks in your garden! :)
:lol:

Bojangles is an angel, he just runs around and plays with the toys that have been bought for him.

Bluebelle is a nightmare. She has bitten though the washing machine cable, fridge freezer cable and has had a good go at all the cables around the tv area.

I agree that they suddenly start chewing new things - eg my v expensive suite.

I travelled miles to find the clearance stock of the argos storages cubes - which are now being used as defences - doesn't it make your house look great!! Then again I wouldn't want them anywhere else.

People look at me strangely when I tell them they are free range and even more strangely when I say yes when they ask if I speak to them!!

daisylou said:
People look at me strangely when I tell them they are free range and even more strangely when I say yes when they ask if I speak to them!!

Yep, weird to talk to rabbits - but not to dogs or cats :roll: . Though my friend talks to her deaf cat! :lol: :lol:

And I have been known to talk to my plants.... :D

Interestingly though they're done studies [or maybe 'studies'] that show plants which are talked to DO grow better - but it doesn't matter what you say, its the carbon dioxide.

Back