• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared of tile flooring?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I moved Audrey into the kitchen and so far she is refusing to come out of the crate :?

Is it because it is ceramic tile flooring? I will put a blanket down anyway but just wondering :?

If it is the flooring, how does she know she will not like it, seeing as she hasnt even stepped on it once?

Bugsy and Lola are the same. Bugsy will not even attempt to step on the kitchen lino but Lola isn't bothered. I've put a runner mat thing in the kitchen and Bugsy won't stand on that either.

I've got original floorboards in my lounge and lola used to run about in there but since I have painted them, she will not even step foot in the room.

Fussy little devils !! :roll:

I don't mean to sound cruel but what happens if you pick them up and then just put them down on the tiles. Perhaps you just need to break the chain of their fear although perhaps throwing them in at the deep end isn't the way to go. Just wondering.

Mine are the same they won't go into the bathroom unless they are on an explore mission or the kitchen which is laminated flooring unless they are seriously begging when I am cooking, I can hear their little clicky toes and feet slipping everywhere and I look behind me and there is a bun all splayed out :lol:

You need to put down mats and pieces of carpet as they cant run on tiles or get a grip and it will drive them mad. I suppose its like the equivalent of us on an ice rink!

awww just put her on it and she will baby crawl around it but will soon get used to it :D shut her out of her crate and she will start to explore :thumb:

thanks guys, definetly was the floor as I put a fleece blanket down and she hopped straight out :lol:

Hopefully she'll get more used to it, if not i'll have to cover the whole floor- boyfriend will be happy with that :lol:

we have rugs and a carpet piece over wooden floorboards (wood basically all the way round the edges), and although scrabbly, given enough time the buns will get used to it - Egg even tears around at full pelt - she just has to remember to do all her braking whilst on carpet :lol: (and yes, sometimes she forgets! :lol: :lol: )

Get a few carpet tiles so they can hop about on them until they get used to the idea of using the floor.

Daisy is the same, she has never liked slippery surfaces since she was little. I even have to take some vetbed with me to the vets as she won't even stand on the vets table! Bertie is just the opposite, he runs at top speed into the dining room where we have laminate floor and doesn't have any trouble at all!!

my 2 sound like that - when i have them in the lounge on the laminate Poppy will not step a paw off the big mat i have out for them but Bugsy will tear around on the laminate like mad :lol: :lol:

o/h sneezed loudly last nite when they were in the lounge, Bugsy that scared he ran off - sliding on the laminate - Poppy never moved!!

Back