• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claude attacking miffy

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
For the last 4 mornings when i have put claude and miffy in there outdoor run,claude has been attacking miffy,he has been chasing nipping and biting her and she is really scared everytime ive had to stop claude doing it today i used the dustpan!
He chased miffy that much today her nails were bleeding :(
Why do you think he is doing it?

Hi Marie is Porkie within close sight when this happens? If so it could be refferred aggression happening due to a new bun being in their territory.....or have you handled Porky before them so his scent is on them?
Other than that not sure :?

awww poor Miffy, who knows :? Are they anywhere near Porky? Or is it after you have been near buns? Or scent rom other buns using the same run beforehand etc?

Hmmmm maybe Claude is happier on his own and if it doesn't stop maybe you coudl consider Claude being in the house and Miffy bonded with Porky?

God dont I go on! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

honeybunny said:
Hi Marie is Porkie within close sight when this happens? If so it could be refferred aggression happening due to a new bun being in their territory.....or have you handled Porky before them so his scent is on them?
Other than that not sure :?
Claude and miffy get handled first and go out first,because of the probs with other rabbits So i dont smell of them and they cant see any because there run is away from the others,plus as i said there are no others rabbits out because i do them first
So it cant be that :?

BirdieBun said:
awww poor Miffy, who knows :? Are they anywhere near Porky? Or is it after you have been near buns? Or scent rom other buns using the same run beforehand etc?

Hmmmm maybe Claude is happier on his own and if it doesn't stop maybe you coudl consider Claude being in the house and Miffy bonded with Porky?

God dont I go on! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt id ever get miffy with another rabbit :?

Perhaps a thorough vet check of both bunnies might be necessary? That's what I would do anyway if you are positive that nothing else has changed that might have an impact on their behaviour.

Sometimes one animal attacks another because they are either unwell themselves or the other animal is unwell...

You could try putting something very different in their run such as a huge box.perhaps with veg inside...while he is interested in exploring that maybe it will take his mind off attacking Miffy and may stop...just an idea! :?

LurcherGirl said:
Perhaps a thorough vet check of both bunnies might be necessary? That's what I would do anyway if you are positive that nothing else has changed that might have an impact on their behaviour.

Sometimes one animal attacks another because they are either unwell themselves or the other animal is unwell...
Yes ive heard of that before
but its only in the outdoor run,there fine indoors :?

Back