• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT - Needs a home or PTS

johannapage

Warren Scout
Hi Guys, Im a desperatly after a home for a little lop boy, approx 3 yrs old, fawn and white, gorgeous temperment..

he is going to be PTS if he cant find a Home, but I'm not allowqed anoter one!!

He has teeth problems, and his present owners cannot afford him to have his teeth filed every 3 or 4 months.

Is there anyone here that can, or works/knows someone who works in a verts that can get cheaper treatment who wants him?

His name is Archie and he is lovely.

Please help him as I know what will happen if they decided to get him PTS. BTW they wont take him to a rescue as they want to know where he goes!

im really not sure, we asked the rescue center that we (the vets) deal with and they said they wouldn't take him on as they wouldnt be able to rehome him due to the teeth problems, and our RSPCA is full up, so as far as i think they think, its PTS or hmone to somebody private.

its soo silly as he is such a lovelybunny, we dont have the long term room for him at the vets though.....

You would be surprised at how many people who put their buns into rescue because they don't want them but tell you what sort of home they want for them :?

the people are devasted to be honest, i really think they want the best for the bunny, its a couple that own him, the bloke was crying when they took him home.

its easy to say stuff when the whole situation isnt known, i just promised i'd do my best to find him a forever home, or a foster home until the forever one comes along....

Can't someone take him on but them maybe take him to a rescue with some room? Would be a shame for this bun to be pts :(

I hope so, but the RSPCA where we are is full, (its not a proper rehoming centre, its in the cats and dogs home , i used to wrk there and the small animals bit is tiny and if there is no room at the inn,,,,they go to heaven...

i feel awful, but i cant take him in!!

Is this Bun a client of your Vet?
If so PLEASE ask him/her NOT to PTS Bun as I can guarantee him a home.
I need help with transport though.
My Ex is visiting on Monday and his wife has a flat in Bristol. Maybe he could collect the Bunny on Monday. Will need full details of where he is though.
Gotta go out now.
PM me if I can help

Janex

Or if he could be gotten to Coventry, I could take him until a place in rescue became available.

If it avoids him being PTS, I'll find room for him!

I'll take him, I have room and I already have Suggs who has a severe dental problem and goes to the vets every 3 weeks!!

The offer is there, but please, please don't let him be PTS

Well done everyone for helping this bunny.

Generally, do the PDSA not provide free vet treatment for those who cannot afford it. Why would animals be put to sleep because of the cost of vet treatment. Personally I don't see a lot of vets offering pro-bono work in their field. I am always amazed that when dealing with rescues and all the work that the rescues generate, they offer only 10-15% reduction in the bills for rescues. I know some vet practices do rally, like the Greenfields vet who help with the Oxford bunnies for free, but I wonder why generally they don't help a bit more. Could it be, we don't ask because we see them in a revered position? I was recently in my vets in Oxford when a man came in with a dog who had a grass thingy in his paw. He was enquiring what the cost would be and the receptionist was telling him that he needed to be seen as the grass thingy could travel up the leg, but he said he couldn't afford it, so they let him leave with his limping dog!!

raine said:
Well done everyone for helping this bunny.

Generally, do the PDSA not provide free vet treatment for those who cannot afford it. Why would animals be put to sleep because of the cost of vet treatment. Personally I don't see a lot of vets offering pro-bono work in their field. I am always amazed that when dealing with rescues and all the work that the rescues generate, they offer only 10-15% reduction in the bills for rescues. I know some vet practices do rally, like the Greenfields vet who help with the Oxford bunnies for free, but I wonder why generally they don't help a bit more. Could it be, we don't ask because we see them in a revered position? I was recently in my vets in Oxford when a man came in with a dog who had a grass thingy in his paw. He was enquiring what the cost would be and the receptionist was telling him that he needed to be seen as the grass thingy could travel up the leg, but he said he couldn't afford it, so they let him leave with his limping dog!!

PDSA only helps people who are in reciept of certain benefits.

I am always amazed that when dealing with rescues and all the work that the rescues generate, they offer only 10-15% reduction in the bills for rescues

The problem is, if they offer huge reductions to rescues, the rescues will theoretically be able to help more bunnies, thus generating more work for the practice. This means that they will be able to fit in less fee-paying work. At the end of the day, if they don't generate enough income to pay the bills (and their overheads must be absolutely huge - property, equipment, staffing etc), then the practice will fold and they won't be able to help at all!

I know some practices seem to put profits before animals, but I do think the vast majority of practices use the money to pay their staff a reasonable wage and have sufficient funds to reinvest into the practice (new and modern equipment etc), rather than the directors taking a huge profit. It's certainly the case in my practice.

I can see your point Alison about vets.

Some of you may have seen the story of the 4 year old Arnie, who looks so much like Uncle Albert. It would be wonderful if Jane had the room for this bewildered bunny and she is in love with his photo. She has another bun coming to her tomorrow and she has offered, along with other great people, to help this poor bunny who is being pts. Even for Jane, three bunnies in one week would be hard :lol:

Is there any way for anyone else who has posted to help this dental bunny and take him, which would free up Jane to take Arnie? Any chance of Carob, Lynda or Snowy who offered to take the bunny and find him a home?

Im willing to foster him.. :D And as Jane was interested she could come see him and possibly take him (if she wanted to..no pressure :wink: ), but true about 3 bunnies in a week being hard!

Back