• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy hutch comes tommorrow . .

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
. . . is it weird that I'm really excited about it? :lol: I've oredered a 6x2x2 on a 6x5 run for Humpty and Pepper until we manage to buy somewhere and settle down and we can then do the shed thing. Hopefully by the time I have put it together Pepper will be fit and well enough to enjoy it :D

It hasn't come :( Was supposed to be delivered end of last week/beggining of this. Then I phoned on wednesday and thery said definitley today, but no hutch. Has anyone lese had problems with their delivery?

I know Bavarian Bunny was meant to have a 6 foot one delivered this week, I dont know if hers has arrived.

I guess with a big bussiness like thiers, one or two devliveries are bond to go a bit wrong. HOLD ON TIGHT!!!!! I'm SURE it will be you very soon.

m
xx

ps.Got a run, hideout and a dvd from them due on Tuesday. Fingers Crossed it come on Tuesday now.

Yep, mine has arrived today. :D I bought it on ebay about 5 days ago, I think. It got damaged during the transport, one of the panels of the back wall has come off the frame. I am sure my boyfriend can fix that tonight.

I am a bit disappointed that the panels and framework are only stapled together. Whatever happened to proper screws?? :?

Update: We have now fixed the broken back panel, but noticed that the plywood floor has not been cut to the right size. Luckily we only need to cut out bigger corners. The instructions are very "rudimentary", I would say. Swiss Army knife is at work right now. :D

Next update: so the plywood floor needs to be screwed to the bottom of the hutch. Which means it is only supported by the screws. It would make much more sense to lose one inch of height and let it rest on the framework inside the hutch.

IKEA is easier than this. Make sure you read AND UNDERSTAND the instructions before you start drilling. Oh, and get some extra screws, they don't supply you with very many.

Is Saturday considered a working day over here? I think they only deliver on working days.

Update: the hutch is almost complete now. I still can't understand why they screw the floor to the bottom of the framework and don't have it resting inside. Not only would it be more stable, but you could also just brush out the old hay etc.. The edge of the framework makes it much more difficult to clean the hutch.

We tried to put the floor inside the hutch, but for that you would have to cut out even more bits. We already had to make the existing corner cuts bigger as the floor board would not fit between the hutch's legs.

Yet more screws missing, too..... And one of the roof hinges got bent during transport, so I would not trust these hinges too much. We'll probably get some better ones soon.

Not all too happy about Happy Hutch, I must say. :cry:

Got the hutch ready now. Looks very smart and is very spacious. The sleeping area is bigger than I had expected. I'll need to fill it with a lot of hay. :D

Now the next thing we have to do is build a base for the hutch, as I would like to have it about 2ft above the ground. And we want to make some shutters for cold and/or rainy days.

Bavarian Bunny said:
Got the hutch ready now. Looks very smart and is very spacious. The sleeping area is bigger than I had expected. I'll need to fill it with a lot of hay. :D

Now the next thing we have to do is build a base for the hutch, as I would like to have it about 2ft above the ground. And we want to make some shutters for cold and/or rainy days.
We need pics :)

We'll exchange a home made marble cake for a bunny tomorrow! :D Special express delivery from Lancashire to London, thanks to Kayj and Chloaster.

Next week I want to visit Briarpatch rescue in Essex and look at a girlie there. And then hope my boy will bond with her. He needs castrating first, though.

Bavarian Bunny said:
We'll exchange a home made marble cake for a bunny tomorrow! :D Special express delivery from Lancashire to London, thanks to Kayj and Chloaster.

Next week I want to visit Briarpatch rescue in Essex and look at a girlie there. And then hope my boy will bond with her. He needs castrating first, though.

How exciting, is the bunny on rabbit rehome? Just wanting a nose at him :lol:

Back