• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of spaying

daisylou

Warren Scout
How much does it cost to get a doe spayed where you live? I have been quoted at least £100 - it was less than £70 when I got Mosschops done 3 years ago - that seems like a huge increase. Is it more expensive than cats as it is a more difficult op?

£51 each when I had mine done in May. :) I think that's cheap though - I think around £65 ish is more usual.

Mine cost £70 6 weeks ago which I thought horrendously expensive although I know it's more expensive 'down south'. The vet explained they need to use far more drugs for rabbits than cats which has made anaesthetic safer for buns but more expensive for us.

Hehehe, the bargain vets! :wink: Seriously, it just goes to show there's no excuse for some of these high prices.

If i remember rightly i've been quoted about £45 for Audrey's spay which will be in a couple of weeks.

mandy said:
If i remember rightly i've been quoted about £45 for Audrey's spay which will be in a couple of weeks.

I'm bringing my next bun back home to Arnold for her spay then :lol:

kayjay said:
mandy said:

I'm bringing my next bun back home to Arnold for her spay then :lol:

Ooh, you can come and see me for a cup of tea! :D

I best check, that might have been wishful thinking :lol: , although they ar only £31 for a male to be done, so sounds about right!

Mine was £75. I am sort of SE (outer) london so I would guess thats near the higher end. £100 sounds like a lot. Having said that I would go by which vet has the best knowledge of rabbits - if you're happy with yours then stick with them. If not I would shop around.

I paid £64.50 last week, but when I had to take Poppy back for another metoclopromide and metacam jab, I had to pay another £14.00 for these injections, so a total of £78.50.

Back