• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reasons why we needed more vetbed(WARNING distressing photos

Jaypot

Mama Doe
These two little ones will be coming to us on Sunday (providing that is alright by Tracey :shock: as we still haven't got in contact with her) - anyway, these two little ones both have their back legs crossed under each other :(
I can't wait to get them home and love and care for them - I am deeply shocked by their pictures but also know that we will give them everything that they want - they will be spoilt rotten.
The little boy is about 6 months old and has fought this much so deserves every chance - the little girl is about 3 months and is more active but this is due to her being smaller :? There is also a baby that is not ready to leave it's mum yet and if the baby is spared then we will take it :D

Here is the little boy, we have named him Oxo
Oxo1.jpg

The little girl we have named Flipper but she will get Fliss for short
Fliss.jpg

The baby - let's all pray that this little one survives
Baby1.jpg

To those who donated vetbed thank you so much - you are going to help these little ones tremendously :D [/img]

:shock: Poor little things! :( :(

I'm so glad that they are coming to live with you and John, they couldn't have found a better place to live

Oh my goodness that's shocking. They're so gorgeous.

There are some bargains to be had on ebay at the moment for vetbed. I got mine in the post this morning!

Hope they get better soon.

Shiv

i am so upset, i now can't stop crying for the poor little mites. they are both so gorgeous..... thank goodness you now have them to love and care for... :cry:

What exactly is wrong with them? What did you mean by their leags being crossed? Will they fully recover?

jay said:
What exactly is wrong with them? What did you mean by their leags being crossed? Will they fully recover?

Unfortunately some rabbits are born with a deformity, some of which make living a normal life very difficult and require special love and attention, something which Ebony Eyes is very good at providing given that there is little which can be done to change their physical condition. These buns are the lucky ones to get the opportunity to live out their lives with the lovely people that have offered them a better future.

For those who have not seen the Ebony Eyes website it is always worth a look to see the wonderful work that is done by the carers of the Hairy Mob.

Poor little buns.

The first bunny Oxo looks like he's poorly with his condition. Does it cause them pain or discomfort? Or will he improve and just be a disabled but contented bun with the right care and love?

jrn1310 said:
For those who have not seen the Ebony Eyes website it is always worth a look to see the wonderful work that is done by the carers of the Hairy Mob.

I had the privilege of visiting Ebony Eyes on Saturday and was overwhelmed with the love and joy there is in their house which is full of special needs rabbits. Jay and John do an amazing job, have exhausted themselves physically, emotionally and financially to be able to give poor bunnies like these a chance of a happy and fulfilling life.

I hope they don't mind me saying, but I'm sure they would still appreciate more vetbed, donations, sponsorship for one of these buns, or supermarket reward vouchers etc, to enable them to continue to care for the needy rabbits which just seem to keep on coming! It looks as if these little ones are going to need lots of veterinary care too.

Keep up the good work guys, I hope these buns make their way to you very soon, they will get the very best of care and will be loved as much as it is possible to do so.

poor little bunnies, it's so heartbreaking.....so pleased they will be in good hands and very loved!! I have asked to be Oxo's sponsor mom!! please please can i......
Please support Ebony eyes if you can...they really are special people!

:shock: My goodness! I dont think I've ever seen anything like it, poor poor bunnies, are they born this way? Are they from the same parents so its possibly genetic?
What a star you are taking them on, giving them some chance of life :D

Well it's confirmed - they are coming on Sunday as Mr and Mrs Jettychops are picking them up for us and bringing them here :D :D :D
I can't wait - both John and I are so excited about having them join the Hairy Mob :D :D
Hopefully Oxo won't be in pain and will have adjusted to his disabilities - they will both be housed on nice thick vetbed and live the life of Riley :D
We will settle them in and take them to see the vet next week - but there is no way that we would have these babies pts as they are little fighters - and if they can cope and be happy then that is all we ask of them :D
Scoot had the most awful deformities as does Cinders and Rufus, but they are happy and content and so bloody cheeky :D :lol: :lol:
My mothering instincts are taking over and I just want my babies :oops: :D :lol: :lol:

Back