• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tilly has Renal Failure.

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Our little Tilly has Renal failure, she is starting treatment tommorow and Hazel is looking into the various things we can give her and which would be best. It can't be cured but we can make tillly more comfortable. Im not sure how long tilly will have left with us as i don't know the life expectancy of a bun with this, but however long she has we will make her as comfortable as we can XX

Phill we are very sad to hear your news about gorgeous Tilly :( :(
I had a bunny diagnosed with renal failure and he lived for a year :)
I am sure the vet can help and make Tilly more comfortable. Tilly has everything to live for..you as her Mummy :)
Thinking of you
Love Adele, David and wabbits

No! Why is eveyrone's buns ill at the moment? I hope they can make Tilly comfortable and that you get to spend plenty more time with her. I'm so sorry x

Thank you everyone, thank you Adele, you have given me hope that i will have tilly for a good while yet, lets hope that she can do it xx

I am so sorry not to have responded before now. Today has not been a good one for either of us :cry:
I have PM'd you re my experience with Buns in chronic Renal failure.
With you as her Mum Tilly will cope just fine as you will ensure she gets the best care.

Janex

Digger now at Rainbow Bridge had kidney failure. He was a happy chap right up until the end. We made a few adjustments to his diet, he had more frequent meals with fattening foods as he lost a lot of weight, had a probiotic and a multi vitamin/mineral supplement in his water.

He did improve a little after all the changes above we made and stayed with us for several months after his diagnosis.

I know some Vets like to treat Rabbits in kidney failure with steroids but mine was against this as she believed Rabbits do not cope very well with them.

Sending lots of healing vibes to Tilly.

Louise

Back