• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bonding attempt of the rescued angora does

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hello :) I had an attempt at bonding the two Angora Does yesterday, and I thought I would take this opportunity whilst they both still have plastic collars on . The bunnies have healed up well after their ops, so I felt it time to start slowly introducing them.
I had been informed they have fought in the past, so felt more confident of having a tentative introduction of bunnies knowing they would find it difficult to bite one another with the collars in place.
Well, it was evident they did not approve of the bonding idea (nor each other :roll: ) and they kept lungeing forward at one another :shock: ...but of course the collars prevented them from biting each other) There was much hopping angrily towards each other, thumping, and then they tried to become rabbit dodgum cars and bash one another :(
After the initial interactions Eleanor and Crystal flopped down next to each other and just glared .
Once energies were recuperated, they both shot up, and took a running hop towards each other, and managed to lock colllars head on as they did so :roll: so the two fluffs balls were enforced to make direct eye contact :!: :shock: They were pushing each others head back and forth, so I released them.
I am planning to have another short bonding attempt today, but hope they are more friendly on this occasion :?
Please wish us luck, as it would be lovely for the bunnies to be able to live in a social group after being alone for so long.

I would be rather worried about them locking together and then kicking, especially with unhealed spay wounds :? But I am sure you wouldn't have let that happen.
I have two does at the moment that someone threw together not knowing about rabbits and they each have a horrible tear wound in their groin, I'm sure these are from claws, not teeth :(

Hiya, the bunnies were supervised constantly and i was sitting and had my head next to the bunnies to intervene immediately if necessary. You are right that bunnies have powerful kicks, and can inflict a lot of damage on each other if you dont watch things carefully.
The spay wounds have all but healed up and Crystal has a pad on her wound to protect it.
Best wishes

Good luck Adele! :thumb:

Sounds like they have a serious problem with each other! :lol:

I am sure you will supervise them just fine as you have had loads of experience bonding :wink:

Back