• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Late Lord Lopsley-26th Sept- Christabel Contacting FHB

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I fear the worst for Lopsley :cry:
Nothing confimed yet but he is displaying symptoms I have, sadly, seen before :cry:
Thankfully I do have some HEALTHY bouncy Buns here as with Unky A and this yet-to-be-confirmed problem for Lord Lopsley I feel somewhat drained.
But I knew what I was letting myself in form by having so many Bunnies.
I just wish I could work miracles for the poorly ones.... :cry:

Janex

SOAD said:
What symptoms is he displaying Jane? :(

He has a 'dropped' abdomen and a boney spine. It looks like his belly is filling with fluid. He is much quieter now and although he eats well he looks in poor condition.
I have a feeling the 'attempting to get the Velveteen Breed Standard' has created a Bun with a heart too small to cope with the demands of a big body :cry:

His heart-rate is normal but his heart sounds are not.
I am going to arrange for him to have some tests next week but I wont be at all surprised, although I will be devastated, if he goes the same way as your lovely Drake..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Have you contacted his breeder? She/he will need to know to warn other owners or to stop breeding this line.
I'm so sorry hun! I'm keepnig my fingers crossed for our lovely Lopsley x

I've just sent an email to a lady I know who breeds them to see if it's something she has come across in the breed or if it's just bad luck, I'll let you know what they say. Please get better LL, we love you to pieces.

raven_guest said:
Have you contacted his breeder? She/he will need to know to warn other owners or to stop breeding this line.
I'm so sorry hun! I'm keepnig my fingers crossed for our lovely Lopsley x

I will do so if my fears are confirmed.
Trouble is the last time I was in this situation with two Rex Brothers with Congenital Heart disease I contacted the breeder(NOT Lopsley's) and was told to F' off :roll:
She is continuing to breed from the same line :x Beautiful Rabbits with a maximum life expectancy of 2 years..... :cry: :evil: :cry:

Janex

raven_guest said:
I've just sent an email to a lady I know who breeds them to see if it's something she has come across in the breed or if it's just bad luck, I'll let you know what they say. Please get better LL, we love you to pieces.

Brill', thanks so much.

Janex

I hope he's alright. And I so hate when I hear breeders say that purebred rabbits have shorter lifespans than crosses and continue to inbreed them. I've heard of so many flemish and french lops dying young over here. :cry:

awww, i'm sorry you are worried about lord lopsley :cry: the big bunnies can be such a wory can't they? I'm taking Storm to the vet again tomorrow :cry:

Back