• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with chewing bun and argos cubes

daisylou

Warren Scout
My new (ish) bun Bluebelle has been chewing through everything - washing machine cable, fridge freezer cable, cable cable. I have been trying to bunny proof everything and they have so many toys and boxes it is ridiculous. My living room is way more cluttered than any friends with kids.

However, she has now started chewing my very expensive leather suite. I have managed to locate 2 boxes of the argos cubes - in 2 different towns miles away - what we do for our buns eh?

Can anyone tell me if a small to medium bun will easily jump over one grid or will I need to build it up and how stable will it be. She doesn't jump up high at the moment.

Also, when I get her spayed will she calm down a bit - I have never had a bun this inquisitive and destructive. It is lovely and annoying at the same time:)

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be grateful for them. I don't want to make her an outdoor bunny as my wee man has never lived outside and they love each other so I wouldn't want to separate them.

Spaying definitely wqill help. I think there's a spray you can get that tastes bitter to stop 'em chewing stuff.

I use two tiles high, mine lot could jump over the first tile at 10 weeks. I see cable ties to hold them together at i am usin' in a a temp. run for them.

m
xx

Due to hutch problems I've had to bring my 8 week old French Lop indoors and sure enough each morning he's been sitting outside his pen which is one grid high! I have no idea how he manages it because he looks so tiny in there but he does. He's worked out he can get through the stair gate on the door too :shock: !

Gemma x

It really does depend on your bun.

I use the storage cube panels to cordon off the TV etc. I have them 1 High as Deej isn't into jumping generally.

He did once jump on top of the PlayStation on the TV unit, but after I told him off he decided it was no fun, and hasn't tried jumping over the panels or on top of any furniture since. :) (Excluding the sofa's that is. He loves to hop up on the sofa for some nose rubs and to say hi :D )

One cube high is way too short- for audrey i have it two panels high, and for my foster boys it had to be 3 high as they were brilliant jumpers.

I think it partly depends on whats on the other side too.
Egg is more than capable of clearing one panel if there is something to jump on to, but if it's just the panel on it's own, she won't jump it.
I've got mine one panel high, but made sure they are 10cm or so from whatever it's protecting.

Back