• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
Please help. Paisley has some lumps in her tummy and has lost a lot of weight recently i have only just noticed tonight how thin she is. She has always been a skinny rabbit but now it is worse. Her underneath felt like lots of hard boiled eggs (only description i can think of)

PLEASE PLEASE help i dont know what to do any adivse would be great

ShivyRex said:
is she drinking? eating? pooing?

Shiv

She has eaten like a horse until this evening and drinking ok and pooping ok too - its hard to tell when you have two together but i think she is pooping

Is she spayed? How old is she?

Where exactly are the lump, are they clustered together, down the side or down the middle?

There are several possibilities, you'll probably need a vet who can actually poke them to tell what they are :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Is she spayed? How old is she?

Where exactly are the lump, are they clustered together, down the side or down the middle?

There are several possibilities, you'll probably need a vet who can actually poke them to tell what they are :)

Tam

She is spayed she is about 1 1/2 years old.

The lumps are sort of all underneath, i noticed them when trying to pick her up

She has an appt tomorrow but im really worried, i have been out to her and she is just laying there not moving i ahd to pick her up to move her into her hutch (she is in a shed) She is very lethargic

Do you access to an emergency vet?

Surely having to physically move a bunny into their house is justification for the emergency vet?

Ummm, I was expecting you to say unspayed, mammary tumours would be unlikely if she's been spayed.

If you're woried she's sick/not eating then you could always call the emergency vet tonight for advice - you can talk to them without actually visiting :)

Are the egg size or just feel? Could they be hives from an alergic reaction?

Tam

How quickly have these lumps appeared, and can you feel all around them or do they feel as if they are attached to something?

Have you tried ringing VET Line Direct, it's like the NHS direct line but for animals.

It is charged at £1.50 per min though although free to register.

They might beable to advise you for tonight at least :)

Fingers crossed for her in the morning

Back