• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

False pregnancy????

Camellia

Warren Scout
Ok my rabbit, Kamea, has been pulling out alot of fur today. And I mean ALOT.

I've had her since Sept.1, and from that date on can guarantee she hasn't had *any* contact with *any* unneutered males.

I do have her in the same room as an intact male, since the day I adopted her, could it have taken that long to trigger a false pregnancy in her?

There were also intact males at the shelter, and from what I know she hasn't had any false pregnancies since she was there.

I'm sure they kept her away from the males, I can't be certain that the cages though were seperated enough as to not allow contact.

She is EIGHT years old. Would she be infertile???????????????

I feel sick to my stomach, I do not want babies and I do not want my girl at this risk because of her age. I will be calling the shelter and asking some questions and probably calling the vet to check her out, I wasn't planning on getting her spayed because of her age but *faints*.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to determine a real pregnancy from a phantom pregnancy :?
I really can't say I know much at all before sept.1 other than about the conditions she was seized from.
Thanks....

who knows is my answer! it is very hard to tell if they are pregnant and even with a false pregnancy they make very impressive nests :wink: wait and see...28-31 days don't spay while she is having a false pregnancy wait until her hormones have settled down. Fingers crossed it is a false one xxx

After the hair pulling and nest building if nothing happens after a day or so shes probebly not expecting. Rabbits normaly pull hair just before they give birth. At eight it would be a mirical she was . Some rabbits dont always have phantoms just every now and then. New homes can trigger them off ive had it a lot, change of home new male near by bingo im pregnant lol. I wouldnt have her done at that age, this is probebly the only one shell have. val

Back