• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you all think....?

rachael1969

Warren Scout
Hiya everyone,

I get my two little babies on Tues next week :D Yey! Can't wait.

The only thing is, is that i go on holiday on 16th October for 2 weeks and i'm not sure what the best thing is to do with my bunnies? They will be house bunnies, and where they will be living is VERY bunny proof :lol:

Do i let them have a holiday at a boarding place (that i will throughly check beforehand) or shall i let my best friend take care of them? She will only be able to come a couple of times a day to check on them. She has said she will clean them out and play with them, and i know she will but i don't know if leaving them alone for 2 weeks is such a good thing?

I dont really want to wait until after my holiday to get them because they really need a loving home asap.

What would be the best thing to do in this situation??

xx

I would go for bunny boarding as they should be able to keep a good eye on them for you. If you cannot find anything suitable that you are happy with then get your friend to pop in and look after them for you.

yes, as they are still young i would go for bunny boarding as you will have people who are bunny wise looking after them. (no disrespect to your friend)...

I'd def' go for the Bunny Boarding option.
Your Buns will need to be fully vaccinated (Myxomatosis and VHD)
No reputable Boarding establishment would take in unvaccinated Rabbits.

Janex

I'm going suggest the other option and say leave them at home. If you trust your friend to look after them they'll have each other to play with and should be fine. My siser always leaves all her pets, including 2 chins, at home and someone looks after them as she thinks this is less stressful than moving them. I don't think their sense of time passing is the same as ours and you'll be back before they know it.

I'd def go for the boarding.

As you won't have had them for that long, you might not be able to advise your friend of their normal behaviour etc.. would s/he know what to look for if they weren't well?

A bunny boarding place is used to looking after people's bunnies without knowing them inside out and I would think that if there were anything wrong with your buns (fingers crossed there isn't - but you never know!) that your buns would be in the best place.

2 days would be different, but 2 weeks is a long time if one of them weren't well and your friend didn't know what to look for!

Just my opinion :D

I'd go for the boarding option, too. What if they get sick or your home is not as bunny proof as you thought? Boarding does not cost very much.

Back