• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are you prepared to pay for a good hutch?

hunnybun

Mama Doe
I paid 100 Pounds for a 6 ft x 2 ft x 2ft hutch, including shipping, bought it from the Happy Hutch Company. It does have a hinged roof, and it probably needs better bolts for closing, too. So quite comparable. I don't know about the quality of the wood, though. Happy Hutch have been recommended by several people and they have very good reviews.

It looks suspiciously like a happyhutch hutch to be honest, maybe it's the same manufacturer! The door catches are different and the roof overhang is bigger, but the type and grade of wood and the way the 'bedroom' door is made looks very familiar! I paid £120 for my 6*2*2 happyhutch hutch but as Bavarian Bunny says, you can get them for around £100 from their ebay shop.

I paid £50 for a 5.5 foot long x 2 foot deep x 2.5 foot high, see the other thread by bilbo in rabbit chat titled could we lisy hutchmakers, I have put a picture of my hutch in there

I would say around £100. If nobody made smaller hutches people would have to buy bigger ones. I think the minimum size hutch should be 4ft by 2ft for guinea pigs, no hutch should be smaller than that. If people see a 3ft by 16" hutch they probably think it's acceptable to keep a bunny in there. I suppose in a way it's all about educating the masses. Anyway I'll stop there.

my limit would be £800 for a summerhouse with glass doors and room for a bed so I can sleep in with them :D

Max £100. Happy Hutch are just making me a 6x2x2 with 6x5 run for £165 - including P&P! I guess the trouble or the good thing depending on how you look at it is that there are some real good bargain brand new hutches on ebay now, so I guess they undercut a lot of companies.

im so glad my hubby is a joiner lol if i want a bigger hutch or adapts made to existing then he does them.

If i didnt have joiner hubby id pay up to 150 for a really good one.

Back