• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rain proofing for the run

TRACEY

Banned
We have a run which is permantly attached to a shed. At the moment we have a run hugger covering the run which is not prooving very successful, showers are fine but anything more and its no good.

The run has a mesh top and half the top opens. Any idea as to how we can make some sort of roof with a slant so the rain pours away and still be able to open it?. Maybe we need to make a whole new top so the whole thing opens?

Thanks a lot

Tracey x

My Father very kindly made me a removable roof, with some clear corrugated plastic, on a wooden frame, it is excellent, as it has about a6 inch overhang, and slopes, to take the rain off the run.

Jx

When I had runs, I just used to pin down sheets of clear plastic, same on the hutches

Oooh that reminds me, I need to make this years rain covers yet :roll: :oops:

I also use corriogated (sp?) plastic available from B & Q etc. We just lay it over the top - if necessary we put something heavy on in high winds.

Back