• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Bun Video's

Would you use video if RR supported it?

• Yes, I'm a rescue and I'd like to upload video

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm a rescue and I wouldn't use it

• Yes, I'm a bunny owner and I'd like to view video

• No, I'm a bunny owner and I wouldn't use it

• Total voters

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about the video's that are getting abit more common recently. Alot of digicams can take mini videos and they're a bit more detailed then pictures. I was contemplating adding a field to the admin where you could paste a link to a videa of the bun available - maybe use one of the video hosts to host them. What do you think? Would it help bunnies be rehomed or too much extra work for rescues?

Tam

I'd def' use it BUT I am what I guess you'd call a 'refuge' so I feel I should fund anything like that myself.

A Rescue Video Diary would be GREAT.
If you could get it on TV them MAYBE the message about the dire situation re 'unwanted' pet Rabbits might be taken on board.
Perhaps 'Blue Peter' would run a story...... :?

Sorry, getting a bit carried away here :oops:

Janex

I was thinking video's of the buns up for adoption but that's an interesting idea Jane! With the free video hosts it shouldn't cost anything but it would be interesting. I wonder if we could do some videos of care topics that are hard to explain just with text ....

Jane you've stuffed my head full of more ideas :roll: :lol:

I'm not sure about using it on RR - it seems that rabbits with photos generate far more interest than those with just text, and I'd worry that the same would happen with this - those with videos would generate more interest than those without. I can't help think that this would increase disparity between those rescues who maybe have video cameras/volunteers to upload the stuff etc and those which don't :?

I love Jane's idea though :wink:

I'm sure Blue Peter would do an article, wouldn't be short of rescue buns to feature either :lol:

I think it's a good idea, often see buns up tht say "pic doesnt do him justice", this way can get a better look

Its a good idea, but I have to delete something just to upload pics, no webspace left for video :? - although the new camera I bought after I dropped the old one :roll: does do video 8)
And I'm not sure I want to muck about with an external video host :? No time :roll: Unless it was just uploading the way we upload pics to RR rather than to the forum.
I haven't voted as I'm not sure how it would work. If it is just a matter of uploading to RR then yes, if I have to upload elsewhere, no.

What a wonderful idea, I certainly would use it for the buns I have, not sure about getting other fosterers to send me small videos, but certainly a nice option to be able to have.

What about if Tamsin had a helper, who'd have the video emailed to them and then they put it up on the appropriate page?

Would that work better?

im not sure about it.

I take the photos for Kirkby and it takes long enough to get a half decent shot, let alone trying to get them to do something video worthy.

And there are so many rabbits it would be so time consuming- I took over 75 photos last week, and the majority of those were in pairs in the photos! :shock:

Back