• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just ordered one of these

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
http://www.secureonlineshopping.biz/croft/products.asp?partno=4PL/6

and i am so excited mine does differ slightly from the one in the picture as mine is to my measurements (you can buy separate panels of different sizes) the final pen will be 47 x 29 x 35" (w/l/h) it will also have a 'lid' which will be on easy to open hook and eye fastenings, one side will also have these fastenings so when it is time to free range i can just open up the corner of the cage and bunny bum can get out easily (and back in lol) i was gooing to have a crate door in it but i think this way will be easier

what do you think??

abi and teegra

I wish I'd seen that before I got the one I have! It's cool! Mine doesn't have a lid and is a great source of fun for the buns to try to escape from!

how big is your pen? they might have a panel which would fit (as you can buy single panels) so you could just attach it to your run!
the sizes go from 22x29" upto 47x47" although they only go by 22", 29", 35" and 47" i think
just an idea!
abi and teegra

I just bought a puppy pen on Sunday for £8 from a carboot! it has attachable panels so i could always expand it, i decided to open it up as much as possible and fix it to the trellace so its much larger, its great as its quite high so the rabbits can't just it and its green to it blends in with the garden, well to be truthful when i first put Shaggy in it he banged into the side because he didn't see it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here it is the day be brought it back

Aug1909001.jpg

Aug1909002.jpg

I hope to buy a large plastic sheet at some point that could be fixed to the top, 1. to prevent rabbits from escaping and cats getting in, and 2. to shelter them if it rains :)

:thumb: looks good, mine will be attached to his cage indoors but ther is always the option of moving it outdoors in the summer, although mine is very high i had to get a top literally because it will be next to my bed i dont want the dog jumping into it in the night. im really ecited as it will be here in 1-2 days (had to pay £14 postage because of the weight and the speedy delivery!) which mine ahd been that cheap!! it ended up costing me £65 which considering that it is pretty much custom built i didnt think was too bad i have also ordered other stuff from this site and the qualtiy of their products is amazing

abi and teegra

Back