• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit products out soon

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Well as some of you know I went to the pet trade show at Birmingham yesterday. There were a few good new products and a few disappointing ones.

- Burns have brought out their range of natural rabbit foods, it is not a pellet but a selection of dried herbs and flowers designed to get away from feeding processed food. They also launched their new oat hay and willow/hazel sticks

- Rosewood have brought out a fantastic new range of 100% natural treats. I was very pleased with them as they looked well thought out and really think the animals will enjoy them.

DSCN3973.jpg

DSCN3974.jpg

- Happy pet have extended their range of willow toys with the addition of small and large willow rolls

DSCN3970.jpg

also they have made these little books for hamsters, gerbils etc which are made entirely from edible paper which I thought was fab :clap:

DSCN3971.jpg

- Supreme petfoods have finally brought out a version of Gerty guinea pig without the artificial colourings. They have also extended their science selective range with a chinchilla and rat version.

Unfortunatly I was very disappointed with the hutch sizes. The companies that had hutches on display only had very small ones. I lost count of the number of tiny 2 - 3 ft hutches that were labeled for rabbits :eek:

Hi spgrescue, my co-workers were down at Glee too. I asked Kenny to check out the hutches for me. I'm looking to get bigger one's than I stock already. That news is disapointing. I was hoping for some 6foot ones.

Smashing!! Have been eagerly awaiting Rosewoods new stuff!!

Now just gotta wait until it hits a shop near me :roll:

If you want any of those products Im afraid you will have to persuade your local pet shop to stock them. I ordered a load for the shop I work in. Rosewood and Happy pet are big wholesalers/manufacturers so most shops are likely to use them. I will be sampling a few when they arrive. I was given bags of the new burns rabbit food and willow sticks to try so I will let you know what they think of it :thumb:

Nicole - I know we missed a few stands out that I wanted to see (didnt realise until I looked at the map when I got back :roll: ) but the ones I did see that stocked hutches were very disappointing. I was absolutly disgusted at the size (and price for that matter) of them :x Multipet (manufacturer) are running up some sample hutches and I have asked for them to be made bigger and longer. Its all very well people complaining that pet shops dont stock big hutches but it is very difficult to find any in the wholesalers that are bigger and a decent price :roll:

Back