• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG they escaped today...

poppy180

Warren Scout
so poppy and bugsy are now getting on v well - even grooming each other now and no sign of him humping over the last 24 hrs :D

O/H text me this afternoon while i was at work to say his dad came to visit (o/h works nights) and asked were the 2 buns were hiding - o/h said only one hides normally - looked o/side - hutch open wide - no buns inside :shock: :shock:

so they walked round the car park/shared garages at back of our house and found Poppy lying next to a brick wall by the garages 4 houses down. o/h not v confident handling them - went over gently and spoke to her and she sprinted - right back into our back yard - and he coxed her bk in the hutch with broccilli piece - one down.

he then looked over nxt doors fence to c bugsy sitting in their flower boarder - picked him up and put bk straight away. doors on the hutch have only little clasps which must have had worked loose when they both rattle the door when i go o/side with food - now he's strenghend them with tightening screws - think they may have hatched it between them - what a lucky escape :!: :!:

o/h normally asleep aswell - have been putting them in the run on the grass at the wend when i was there - maybe i should let them have it during the day aswell

just wanted to share my story - and thank my o/h

pics coming soon of them together in love

Poppy, what a fright for you. If you haven't got a bolt on your hutch, it would be best to put one on. However much you tighten those latches, foxes can still open them and its best to have a bolt to reinforce the hutch.

Back