• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much time do you spend with your rabbits?

nicole

Mama Doe
Just as it says. In a 24 hour period how many hours do you spend with your rabbits?

I spend about 3-4 hours.

During the week I'd say about 2hrs but weekends more like 3-4hrs between me and the kids. My eldest will spend ages sat out with them chatting away and playing with them 8)

I depends of what I'm doing, if I'm doing nothing all day I will quite happily sit in the garden with them all day watching them run around and play :D
On a busy day when I'm usually stuck in my room I'd say I spend about an hour with them :oops:

This will all change when I move and they become permanent indoor buns though :D :D

It also depends wht I'm doing.

minimum is 15 mins in morning whilst feeing, then bout 45mins at night when cleanin and playin etc. If I'm off tho then obv I'll spend a lot more time with them.

I have been writing a dissertation for the last two months so have been out of the house about once a week to stock up on food. This has meant I have been at home 24hrs a day, laying belly-down on the floor working on my laptop. It has really paid off - alfie has gone from being a grumpy, snooty bunny to very loving and she sits between my hands while I type with her paws on the laptop :love: :love:

Must say tho, can't wait to have a normal life again :lol:

work day - 5/7 15 mins morning 20 mins eve - + 3 hours when i have them inside every other day.

like others - weekends when im off about 3 hours depending on what i'm doing.

now they are bonded they seem so together - only last 2 days!! i feel like im intruding :lol: :lol:

From about 4 to 15 hours a day depending what I'm up to, sometimes I might be upstairs or go out, so only see him when I'm in the living room, other times I'll be downstairs most off the day so see him all the time.

As for actual attention, about 2+ per day, as we like to sit and watch TV together and stuff! :D :bunny:

Ok, with the buns in general, I spend probably 20 mins in a morning & 2 hours on an evening. But as there's 22 & they're in groups/pairs, per bun, that's not that much. In that, there's 4 singles & a biter. they get most of my attention, though I handle the 6 babies daily. On a weekend, they easily get 4 hours per day.

I eat breakfast with Bracken & Frida on a morning and spend about 30 mins with Gus & Lola (I do get up at 6am though!)

On an evening Bracken & Frida get 2 hours and Gus & Lola 2 hours or more.

Saturdays my o/h spends all day with them and on Sundays they get most of the day unless we go out.

It depends on how busy they are. At the moment they are working on a demolition project which is taking up most of their time, its on a box behind the sofa so it means they can't spent any time with me. When its finished I have been promised some quality time with them, I've asked them to put it in their calendar, but you know bunnies, busy, busy, busy! :lol:

jay said:
It depends on how busy they are. At the moment they are working on a demolition project which is taking up most of their time, its on a box behind the sofa so it means they can't spent any time with me. When its finished I have been promised some quality time with them, I've asked them to put it in their calendar, but you know bunnies, busy, busy, busy! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

45 mins in the morning - well I am getting ready for work and she just runs round the house,...
then from either 4pm or 5pm til 9:30 shes out running round the house and garden before it gets dark...
weekends its longer in the morning.

I try to spend a few hours with them in the dining room, their out of the hutch most of the time when i'm in. It's not always poss though when I do overtime and end up working a 14 hour shift!! Cos there's 3 of them they seem to amuse each other most of the time. They lay together, clean each other, kick litter all over together! lol :D

Nicola

Mine are outside buns, they get about 5-8 mins in the mornings on a weekday and an hour or so in the evening when I sit with them in their run, and then weekends a couple of hours each day where again I sit in their run with them, unless I'm out that day for the whole day.
I feel bad as its not much time, but I'm pretty busy with work, and they have each other, plus the little girl next door spends a lot of time talking to them!

I just wonded, cos when I thought about it 3-4 hours in a 24 hour period is not that much.
I feel bad for not spending much time with them.
But then there is two of them and not really intrested in me when I go out to their shed.

choc comes out first thing in a morning for about 45 mins while i have breakfast and sort things out.
then when i come home she runs about for as long as she wants, when she gets back in her cage ill close it and let her eat. before i go to bed she comes out again for about 45 mins. im also regulary going into the room to see her and stroke her etc and if she wants to come out she does. on a weekend she can be out most of the day running in and out ..........

Probably not enough :oops:

Before I went back to work, they were out in the enclosure from about 6am to 10pm

Out of that time I prob spent 4/5 hours with them, that includes cleaning hutches, as the hutches are in the enclosure

Now I'm back at work, depending on hours they either get out in the morning or stay in the hutches until I get home.

Now I'm working full time, I can't put anyone out in the outside pens as I can't guarentee (Sp :?:) the weather, and I'm not in if someone manages to get out, so they have to stay in.

Time spent with them is going to be cut to about three hours now :( Although I know each character so well I can tell just by looking at them if someone's unwell

Mine are inside and in the living room, so when I'm here (which is a lot :lol:) they are basically spending time with me the whole time I am home :D

I'm really lucky and don't work so I'm popping into the shed all day. That said I'm sure I'll be less inclined to spend an hour sitting in there in the snow - but they have each other for company. I get the feeling once it gets colder my visits will become more frequent but not very long before I dash back into the house. Although I'm getting electricity reconnected to the shed so I'll be able to have a heater out there for when it's really chilly

Back