• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency Op!!

Adele

Warren Veteran
:( :( :( Have had a bit of a stressful afternoon and had to rush poor Crystal the Angora to the vets as her babies are overdue.
I felt movement in her tum over the weekend, butwas concerned this morning as no babies had appeared, and due date was end of last week.
Crystal seemed well in herself, but was panting and stretching out a lot!.
I had a gut feeling all was not well, so took Crystal to the vets an hour ago for an ultra sound.
vet confirmed A pregnancy, but sadly baby looks abnormal and is huge :( :( the Vet could feel no heartbeat nor see any other babies apart from this large one :? :?
I had to make a very difficult decision and instruct the vet to do an emergency operation on Crystal as things dont look good, and chance of her passing baby herself is now slim :( I feel so sorry for Crystal as her hormones have geared her up to have this baby, but faced with waiting another day to see what happened, and possibly seeing Crystal deteriorate healthwise rapidly, I opted to save her!.
Poor Crystal has been bred from continiously for the past year and a half, so after she is spayed and recovered, we will bond her into a group of Angoras where she can live out her days in peace :)
I was all tearful at the surgery, but vet was very kind and supportive.
It was horrible to be in this position, but we rescued Crystal and I feel we have to focus on giving her the best chance of life possible.
Please keep everything crossed for Crystal as it is a risky op when she is heavily pregnant, but we really had no choice :( :( :(
Her poor baby is probably at Rainbow Bridge anyway :cry:
All the other angoras we rescued are doing brilliantly and enjoying their first hops of freedom around the garden :)
I hope to collect Crystal around 6pm tonight, all being well, so will let you know when we hear any news.
Love from a very distressed Adele :cry:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Adele you have done the right thing, sending you lots of hugs, and healing vibes for poor little Crystal, please let us know how she gets on

Love Ali Bella and Benji xxxxxxxx

awwww Adele I am so sorry but you have to think of Crystal she sounds like she has had a rough life so far, I really hope baby survives and hugs to you XX

Poor Crystal.
At least as you say the Baby is at the bridge already.
And if it was abnirmal and huge and she laboured ashe might have died anyway.

Thinking of you Adele and vibes to Crystal.

Aawwwwww thanks for your support everyone :)
I am sitting here wishing Crystal well and back home with us again as soon as possible, bless her.
lets hope the news is positive for Crystal at least.
Love Adele

Oh No poor Crystal :cry:
Please let us know how she is when you get her home

Awwwwww that news has made me all tearful..... :oops: :cry:

Janex

There's no way she could have given birth to it by herself so you definately did the right thing! It's a shame you can't explain these things to rabbits as she'll probably wake up confused! She'll be fine once she's recovered and will love having lots of floofy friends!

Adele, you had no choice, you had to make that decision and it is the right one, the vet would not have done the op otherwise.

I hope all goes well for Crystal and try not to worry too much, although that's easier said than done.

Good luck

XX

adele

I have had this happen and usually they recover very well and if she is spayed as well there won't be to much hormones for her to cope with you could always put a teddy in with her

elaine

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crystal is back home and safely settled in for the night, I am sooooo pleased that everything has gone so well :D :D :D :D
Crystal enjoyed a snuggle and then tucked straight into her hay, so that is a great sign.
Thanks for all your positive vibes it has done the trick :D
Crystal sends you love and kisses.
It is a very good job vet acted immediately as two babies were inside Crystal and infection had just started forming around her womb :shock: :shock: :shock:
OMG always believe in your gut instincts, I am so glad I listened to mine :)
I spoke to her previous owner and was told to leave Crystal be, as she could not have taken (ie become pregnant) :twisted: if i had listened to this, Crystal would have died for sure :( :( :(
So happy for her, she deserves a brand new start, and I am looking forward to some more bunny bonding to get her into a group of friends :D :D

So, so pleased to hear she is home and all safe.
2 ickle babies at the brdge.
Hope all the other Buns will look after them and give them lots of love.

No wonder the poor darling looked so uncomfy yesterday.

((((Crystal))))
You have a lovely new forever home with you new Mummy and Daddy.

Back