• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

trained rabbits??

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
has anyone evr trained their rabbits any tricks? i tried clicker training with teegra when he was smaller but there were no foods he liked enough to eat out of my hand, i know dogs, cats and rats all enjoy a good training session so was wondering if rabbits do too i have seen video clips of rabbit agility so surely you can train them some stuff or do you think it would be cruel?

abi and teegra

awwww have you got piccies??

teegra will stand on two legs if i am sitting on my bed so he can have nose scratches so i guess that would be a good place to start :thumb:
thanks
abi and teegra

yep - same here.

It all started with getting the buns to 'stand up' for treats to give them better balance (one bun fell down stairs in our double decker hutch when she lost her balance :oops: ), but you can now get them to walk if you move the pellet a bit. They do it without really noticing, and since we got Tuesday, he's become much more agile/composed and less clumsey!

I'll try to get some footage later when they are hungry

No, I haven't, but I intend to clicker trained my youngest "recruit", my French Lop x Continental Giant "Trystan", 4 months old. He loves his food, so I am sure he will be a willing student.

Vera

Back